Stuck: Action buttons increase in size 50% to right and down (1 Viewer)

securitywyrm

Local time
Yesterday, 17:38
It has been a month and I'm still 'stuck' on my Microsoft Access lessons due to a peculiar error. I have a video of the error, but it won't let me post a link until I have 10 posts. When I create an action button and then scroll at all, the button jumps in size 50% to the right and down, but this extra space can't be edited. Clicking on the 'extra space' is like clicking the background.

I have tried
1. Reinstalling Office 365
2. Reinstalling my graphics card drivers (Using a GTX 560ti SLIx2)
3. Manually entering the size for the buttons in the button properties (still increases in size)

I have a project where the schedule calls for a web-enabled database for 100+ users to merge five separate systems into one. If I can't get past this problem, I can't continue my lessons. I would greatly appreciate any help in tackling this problem.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:38
First of all... WELCOME TO THE FORUM !
Second... I don't try but I'm pretty sure that you already can post that link :)
Put the address between quotes. Should work.
If still not, split the address into two parts then post this as
MyAddressPart1 = "First Half of your address"
MyAddressPart2 = "Last Half of your address"

Every one of us will know how to join this parts :)

How you create the button ? By using the wizard ?
If YES, what happen if you disable the wizard and create that button after this ?

securitywyrm

Local time
First of all... WELCOME TO THE FORUM !
Second... I don't try but I'm pretty sure that you already can post that link :)
Put the address between quotes. Should work.
If still not, split the address into two parts then post this as
MyAddressPart1 = "First Half of your address"
MyAddressPart2 = "Last Half of your address"

Every one of us will know how to join this parts :)

How you create the button ? By using the wizard ?
If YES, what happen if you disable the wizard and create that button after this ?

It says "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."

So let's try it again
youtu.be/pj1D4-B62H8

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 02:38
I do not have Office 365, so I can't help you.
When you create a box, field or label does it keep the size?

securitywyrm

Local time
I do not have Office 365, so I can't help you.
When you create a box, field or label does it keep the size?

Boxes, fields and labels still keep the correct size. It is specifically the action button that has the error.

I am at my wit's end at this point. :banghead: I can't continue my lessons until I can get this to work, because all the lessons after this reference what I'm supposed to create with the action buttons. If I can't fix this, I'm going to have to quit and pay out of pocket to hire an access programmer.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
I wish I could help you, but I haven't Office 365, I can only ask "dumb" question.
What happen if you run the form?
I've attached an small database with one form with a button, you can try open it and see if there is some change according to yours.
If you zip your database (2010 version) then I could try open it.

Attachments

• Office365.accdb
    344 KB · Views: 91

securitywyrm

Local time
I wish I could help you, but I haven't Office 365, I can only ask "dumb" question.
What happen if you run the form?
I've attached an small database with one form with a button, you can try open it and see if there is some change according to yours.
If you zip your database (2010 version) then I could try open it.

I still get the same problem. I can see where the button 'should' be, but instead it is 50% larger to the right and bottom, with the extra space not able to edit.
Here is screenshot of that database: imgur.com/dt9kLxo

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Only one comment S...! :(
Hope one will pass by and tell what the problem is!
Have you tried to contact Microsoft support?

securitywyrm

Local time
Only one comment S...! :(
Hope one will pass by and tell what the problem is!
Have you tried to contact Microsoft support?

Microsoft Support charges per incident. I'd rather not pay $50 to have them say "We don't know."

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Try going to the form in design view and then selecting the button. Go to the properties dialog and make sure any properties with the word ANCHOR in them do not have the word BOTH there (should likely have Left and Top). Other than that, it may be the same bug that was in Access 2007.

securitywyrm

Local time
Try going to the form in design view and then selecting the button. Go to the properties dialog and make sure any properties with the word ANCHOR in them do not have the word BOTH there (should likely have Left and Top). Other than that, it may be the same bug that was in Access 2007.

The anchors are set to "Top" and "Left." The issue is that Access is enlarging the button the same way it enlarges the text based on the DPI scale in display properties.

gflo

Local time
Yesterday, 19:38
I have the same issue, using Access 2013 with Win8. I downgraded to Access 2010 and everything works as it should. With Win8, at least I can keep the remainder of Office 2013 installed and run Access 2010 until I find a fix.

If you change the command button property "Use Theme" to No, this will also stop the overlapping.

Any chance your using a touch screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom