subform datasheet shows too many records (1 Viewer)

alelover

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:06
Hello all,
I have built a database for my music CD collection. I would like to be able to search by track name and pull up the records that have only those tracks on them. I can do it to some extent but it isn't right. I have set up different parameters I can search by. They all work exactly how they should except for when I search by track name. I can have it one of 2 ways. I have 4 concerts in a table and 69 songs total for the 4 concerts. If I want the search to work when I open the Form I have to put all the tracks on the same query as the concert info. But when I open the form, instead of having 4 records with the list of songs for each concert. I get 69 records with the list of songs for each concert. So if there are 20 songs in one concert I get 20 records for that concert instead of just one like I want. If I want to show only the amount of records that corresponds to the number of concerts I have to disable the search by tracks function. I attached the dB. If someone could look at it I would be very grateful.
View attachment CondensedDead.zip

ezfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:06
You have 69 records because your query "qryRecordings" returns 69 rows.
Really, your Record Source for the form "Recordings" should just be the table "Recordings"
This will give you your 4 concerts (records). Linking the Master & Child ID for the subform is correct.

Note: look at your form "New Recordings".

or maybe fixed your strWhere to
Code:
strWhere = strWhere & "([TrackTitle] Like  '*" & Replace(Me.txtTrackTitle, "'", "''") & "*' ) AND "

Last edited:

alelover

Registered User.
Local time
I think I may have tried that already because now I can't search by track title anymore. Which was the original main problem. I got the search to work but then I had all the extra records showing up. I need to be able to search by track title and not have all the duplicate records for each entry in my subform. When I search by TrackTitle Enter Parameter Value box pops up. See attached.

Attachments

• enter-parameter-value.jpg
    enter-parameter-value.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 138

alelover

Registered User.
Local time
And this when I debug. Highlighted in yellow.
Me.FilterOn = True
I'm guessing it can't find the Track data.
Is there a way to get it to pull the data from a different record source than what the main form pulls from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom