Subform driving me insane (1 Viewer)

Stubbs

Local time
Today, 15:14
I really hope someone can understand what I am asking, as I am definitely not a well versed access god. I am creating a budgeting database, the main form of which has a subform that is not linked to the main form but instead draws it's data from a unrelated query. The problem is, the data enterred into the main form will update the query that drives the subform, but the subform will not update this information unless I set the focus on it and use the SHIFT+F9 combo. I have tried several different DoCmd.Requery options, and the subform is still not updating. If anyone has a suggestion, I would be immensely appreciative. I do not have the database completed yet to send as an attachment, but if it would help I will zip and send what I have.:confused:

Elana

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:14
On the main form's After Update event (meaning that once a new record is entered on the main form), place this:

me.YourSubformName.requery

Unless you've already tried that...

E

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:14
Stubbs,

When your main form updates data, it will fire the AfterUpdate
event for that form (if it is successful). You can use this event
to do a:

Forms![YourMainForm]![YourSubform].Requery

Wayne

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:14
Wait,

How is it in "synch" as you move from record to record?

Wayne

Stubbs

Local time
Today, 15:14
Thanks

Thanks Elana and Wayne, don't know why I didn't think of that myself. Worked like a charm. Wayne, the forms are linked through a series of queries, one that differentiates between projected expenses and actual expenses, then a separate one that totals the expenses. The subform displays the total expenses and deposits, drawing its data from input provided on the main form which feeds the first query. I hope you can figure out what I am trying to say, but it works well in any event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom