Subform Issues (1 Viewer)

kenb214

Local time
Today, 14:35
Hi,

I am using Access 2003. I have a main form with a subform1 on it. The subform1 has a subform2 on it.

My first issue is that when I open the main form in subform1 the calculated fields show #Error. When I maximise and then minimise subform2 the calculations take place and totals are displayed. Is there a way doing this automatically when I open the main form without having to click on the +/- icon for each row on every record?

My second issue is that I am trying to get a total from one of the "columns" in subform1 which has a calculation in it. The total does not dispay in the subform1 footer or in the main form. Is there a way of allowing this to happen?

Regards,

Ken

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Welcome to the forum Ken.

My first issue is that when I open the main form in subform1 the calculated fields show #Error. When I maximise and then minimise subform2 the calculations take place and totals are displayed. Is there a way doing this automatically when I open the main form without having to click on the +/- icon for each row on every record?
See if this link helps resolve the problem:

http://allenbrowne.com/RecordCountError.html

My second issue is that I am trying to get a total from one of the "columns" in subform1 which has a calculation in it. The total does not dispay in the subform1 footer or in the main form. Is there a way of allowing this to happen?
Is that a calculated field?

kenb214

Local time
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Issue 1: Unfortunately this coding doesn`t seem to work.

Issue 2:Yes this is a calculated field.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I see. It might be worth us seeing your report so we can spot the problem.

For your second problem, if you perform the calculation in the record source of your form (which would most likely be a query), then you can Sum() that calculated field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom