Subform with a list (1 Viewer)

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:01
Hello there,

I have been trying to figure out this, with no luck so far.

currently I have 50 items that belongs to an assessment questionnaire, and I would like to have those 50 items listed in a subform rather that pick or choose an item from the drop down menu, please see enclosed file, is this possible? if so any guru can point me out in the right direction?

Thank you kindly.

Attachments

• Subform.png
    Subform.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 106

Ranman256

Local time
you have a master tbl, tQMaster and master record, "Questionaire123"
then in the child table, tQChilds, add the 50 questions in the sub table,
either by picking/choosing (like the photo)
or
use a pick list from tbl, tQuestions, that has all possible questions.
and a 'temp' tPIcked items to hold the chosen items.
2 list boxes on a form. lstSource has all possible questions
lstPicked, shows whats in tPicked.
Then when all items have been picked , run an append query to add tPicked to tQChilds tbl.

A dbl-click on the list box would launch an append query to tPicked.

pick states.png

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
I'm not sure I understand your desire. Do you want *all* 50 to be listed in the SubForm? If so, what is the RowSource of the ComboBox in the Product field?

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much guys for your prompt reply. I don't want a combobox in my subform I want to see my 50 items in the subform, because every item has a different values like size, width, etc

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:01
My interpretation of your question is that you have everything in a separate table that you need to place in the subform. You currently look up each item in the combobox and fill in each line in the subform manually.

If that's a correct interpretation of your problem, then the YouTube playlists and my website I directed you to are exactly what you need.

The differences are:-
In the example I show it is transferring just one column of information.

In your case you will need to transfer 3 columns:-
Product
Unit price
Discount

That is entirely possible with the instructions I directed you to.

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
You are absolutely right, I'am going to try your "0 - Adding a Checklist to MS Access".

I will keep you posted with the results, thank you very much Master....

Best Regards

Sajarac

sajarac

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you Mr Uncle, Just watched your videos, really nice and you are right that is exactly what I am looking for. But just a quick question, for a new guy, a dummy in the access world is there any other option a little bit easy? I am trying to do it but then I get stuck.

Thank you very much for your response.

Regards

Sajarac

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:01
I am sure there are other ways to do this. In my experience there's usually three different ways to do the same thing. This particular method shown is my preference. The issue is; you have the main form with a single record number let's say it's 100, and then you have the subform. You need to transfer that record number (100) into the records in the subform. You can either do this the way you're doing it by entering the information through comboboxes, in that case the link is automatically maintained by MS Access, that is the relationship between the main form and the subform through the agency of the subform/subreport control. Alternatively you can do it behind the scenes by the method demonstrated in the videos. I think you could also use an "Append Query" that might be an alternative way of looking at it. I'd be interested to see your database if you manage to do it with an append query. It could well be better and simpler than the method I employ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom