Sum of calculated values on a form (1 Viewer)

richardparker

Local time
Today, 22:55
Hi Guys,

I have encountered the following problem and despite my efforts to find the solution through the o mighty google, I couldn't come up with anything useful so far:

I've set up my table where I register manually issued invoice receipts. Invoice total -wise, the table only stores the Net invoice amount and since the VAT rate is fixed I calculate the VAT and the Gross invoice amount on the queries/reports etc.
There is also a True/False field to indicate whether the invoice was settled or not.

Since these invoices are paid via bank-transfer I created a continous form for the daily registration of the incoming payments of the invoices.
It is basically a list with all the unsettled invoices.
To facilitate the matching of the invoices with the payments there is a calculated field on the form for every record with the gross value as the incoming amounts appearing on the bank account are the Gross invoice values.

Out of mere curiosity I wanted to sum up the calculated gross values in the form footer in a field using the expression builder of the Control Source. However the only result got was #Error.

I am a "a simple man, and of delicate constitution" so what tried so far was:
=Sum([Gross_invoice_amount])
after reading somewhere that it is not possible to Sum calculated values on a form I tried the followwing:
=Sum([Net_invoice_amount]+Round([Net_invoice_amount]*0,27;0))

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 15:55
I don't really know how to solve your #Error, but I think you could create a separate query that summed the form values and then import that into the footer. You may need to requery the form after the calculated fields...calculate.

If that doesn't work let us know.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 22:55
=Sum([Gross_invoice_amount])
=Sum([Net_invoice_amount]+Round([Net_invoice_amount]*0,27;0))
It should work, so are you sure you've the field names in the table/query?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:55
is Gross_invoice_amount the name of your textbox or the name of calculated field in your query. you should sum on the name of the calculated field, not on control name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom