Suppress properties when copying a file. (1 Viewer)

jpl458

Local time
Today, 14:36
I inadvertently copied a sound folder onto itself, thus creating twice the number of files, but half of them have - Copy after the extension, But if I try to copy and paste the ones without the -Copy suffix, It changes the date created to today's' date, and I use that date in the Application. There aren't many records, 160, and hlf of them are copies. I could move them by hand fatester then it would take me to write the code to move them and keep the properties in their original form, so is thee a way to do this by hand and keep the original properties intact. I am beginning to taste a bullet I may have to bite.

Thanks

adhoustonj

Local time
Today, 17:36
I inadvertently copied a sound folder onto itself, thus creating twice the number of files, but half of them have - Copy after the extension, But if I try to copy and paste the ones without the -Copy suffix, It changes the date created to today's' date, and I use that date in the Application. There aren't many records, 160, and hlf of them are copies. I could move them by hand fatester then it would take me to write the code to move them and keep the properties in their original form, so is thee a way to do this by hand and keep the original properties intact. I am beginning to taste a bullet I may have to bite.

Thanks
You may want to test this on a copy of the folder, or make a backup of the current folder, but below should do the trick if I am understanding correctly.
  1. Navigate to the folder with the files
  2. Click in the the address bar of File Explorer
  3. Type cmd, and press Enter. A command prompt window appears. Type
    Code:
    del "* - Copy.*"
    and press Enter.
  4. That command erases all files whose titles end with - Copy.

jpl458

Local time
Today, 14:36
You may want to test this on a copy of the folder, or make a backup of the current folder, but below should do the trick if I am understanding correctly.
  1. Navigate to the folder with the files
  2. Click in the the address bar of File Explorer
  3. Type cmd, and press Enter. A command prompt window appears. Type
    Code:
    del "* - Copy.*"
    and press Enter.
  4. That command erases all files whose titles end with - Copy.
Worked just like you said it would. Learn something new everyday
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom