Table Auto Capture/save Turn off? (1 Viewer)

dreamz

Is God Like
Local time
Today, 16:03
Not sure what to call this but i can explain it.

I have a form. Data from the form is captured from the table. I have a submit button which triggers a macro and captures the record.

Problem - If you capture anything on the form and don't press the submit button and close the form, it still saves it to the table.:mad: I need to stop the auto save to table feature and for it only to save when the submit button is pressed. So if there's information on the form and the submit button is not pressed and the form is closed... the data must be "lost"

I hope that made sense;)

JANR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:03
Make an Unbound form instead, if a field is bound to a query/table if the data changes it will change the table. An other alternative is to make alot of Before_update events to undo changes if certain things happens like your submitbutton isen't clicked.

JR

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 08:03
An other alternative is to make alot of Before_update events to undo changes if certain things happens like your submitbutton isen't clicked.
It isn't a LOT of code to deal with things in the Before Update event. I use that typically more than using an unbound form as you normally have to do a lot more work when using an unbound form as you are having to code for things that Access already does for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom