Table lock (1 Viewer)

f9073341

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
Hi guys,

My database is accessed by several users. When the user opens my report it first makes a table of temporary data from one query, then uses another query on that table to populate my report. The problem is, when another user wants to view the same report, I get a table lock problem - presumably because my report is bound to the fields in the table which WOULD get overwritten whenever this report is run.

Does anyone have a way around this? I thought of populating the report from a recordset, then closing the connection. But I can't even get this to work! :(

Thanks

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:38
Hi guys,

My database is accessed by several users. When the user opens my report it first makes a table of temporary data from one query, then uses another query on that table to populate my report. The problem is, when another user wants to view the same report, I get a table lock problem - presumably because my report is bound to the fields in the table which WOULD get overwritten whenever this report is run.

Does anyone have a way around this? I thought of populating the report from a recordset, then closing the connection. But I can't even get this to work! :(

Thanks

Sounds like you have not properly configured your database for multiple users.

See: Splitting your Access database into application and data

Hope this helps ...

f9073341

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:38
Thanks for your reply HighTechCoach. I can't access that site from my work, would you be able to summarise? I'm desperate to get this working! Is there any way of taking some kind of snapshot of the data, rather than a full bind to it? Thanks

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:38
Thanks for your reply HighTechCoach. I can't access that site from my work, would you be able to summarise? I'm desperate to get this working! Is there any way of taking some kind of snapshot of the data, rather than a full bind to it? Thanks

The problem is caused by the database not properly set up for multi users.

You really need to split your database into a front end and back end. Then each user would have there own copy of the front end so that temporary table is not shared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom