Test...

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 23:58
Link

I scored 91% dixie. Imagine that...:eek: :D

I gave up because the answers were not English options;) and then I came across this question

What's it called when you throw toilet paper over a house?

What the hells all that about?:confused: there wasn't an option for "totally stupid"

Col

I pronounce aunt like ant - so does the person next to me.

However we pronounce aunt ( or ant) differantly from each other. But I assume we are getting the same Dixie score for this.

Is the test faulty?

I was 60 % dixie.

Last edited:
I'm 39% dixie. No surprise there. All my answers were indicative of the Great Lakes region and the Northeast. I could probably put together a test for Upstate New Yorkers that is something like this. - there are so many regional phrases around here that no one else would understand.

Good one, Ken!:)

Lisa

I will try this when I get home.

Anyone care to guess what I might get? :D

65% Dixie. Just under the Mason-Dixon Line.

This can't be, I'm just under the Amsterdam-Rotterdam line :confused:

34% Dixie. I guess that makes sense, since I'm even further north than the Yankees. :D

45% Dixie. Most of my answers were "common throughout the U.S.", which is a nuetral way of saying "correct". Only a couple answers were indicitive of widwest/great lakes region, most notably "gym shoes" and "frontage road".

so why is everyone "Dixie":confused: even when they're not

Col

The foreigners seem to be more Dixie than the Northern US folks.

Does this mean the South is less insular than the North?

So do Americans throw toilet paper over houses?:confused: if so . . . why? and are you having treatment for it?

Col

ColinEssex said:
So do Americans throw toilet paper over houses?:confused: if so . . . why? and are you having treatment for it?

Col
It's a pre-pubescent/teenage practical joke, usually performed on Halloween and it is not restricted to houses...cars, trees, shrubs, the inebriated...

Bodisathva said:
It's a pre-pubescent/teenage practical joke, usually performed on Halloween and it is not restricted to houses...cars, trees, shrubs, the inebriated...
How weird:rolleyes: :confused:

Col

In my younger days, T-Ping or toilet papering a house was a method of showing you liked the girl who lived there. You and your friends would usually do it when the family was out and you would also do the trees, shrubs etc.

Pronoucing the word aunt - awnt is the latest episode in people being pretensious. These are the same people who don't go to movies, they go to see a fil-um.

Most common rolling of a house I can think of is where high school students roll the house of a teacher they don't like, or roll the house of a fellow student they don't like... I must confess to having rolled a few... :D It's a mess to clean up, especially if it happens to rain... :eek: :mad:

TP.jpg

Edit - I may have forgotten to mention that kids try to do it in the middle of the night...:)

Last edited:
KenHigg said:
Most common rolling of a house I can think of is where high school students roll the house of a teacher they don't like, or roll the house of a fellow student they don't like... I must confess to having rolled a few... :D It's a mess to clean up, especially if it happens to rain... :eek: :mad:

Looks like America's full of social misfits, no wonder Iraq's been turned into another fine mess:rolleyes:

I'm surprised the idiots around here that believe everything they see on American television shows haven't see this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
KenHigg said:
I surprised the idiots around here that believe everything they see on American television shows haven't see this :rolleyes:
We've told you often enough just how censored your tv is, now perhaps you'll listen:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom