Test...

Rich said:
Looks like America's full of social misfits, no wonder Iraq's been turned into another fine mess:rolleyes:

From here on all mentions of the war in Iraq will be referred to (by me at any rate) as "THE IRAQ MISADVENTURE".

If we had started calling it the Vietnam Misadventure at an early date, maybe a half million Americans wouldn't have died.

statsman said:
If we had started calling it the Vietnam Misadventure at an early date, maybe a half million Americans wouldn't have died.
Or wasted on what was in reality a civil war

Feeder Roads!

No place Else.

I'm saying out loud; I'm Texas Proud.

93%

Last edited:
statsman said:
In my younger days, T-Ping or toilet papering a house was a method of showing you liked the girl who lived there.
So lets get this straight

1) You fancy a girl

2) You sneak up on her house, where she presumably lives with parents.

3) You vandalise the house by throwing bog paper all over the house and trees and shrubs causing a huge mess

4) This is done to show your affection to the young lady

5) The young lady and parents then have to clean up the mess

6) The parent father then shoots you for trespass and vandalism

Has it occurred to you that this may not be the best way to gain affection from the girl, plus the added bonus of alienating the parents towards you.

Like I said - how weird

I'm surprised the idiots around here that believe everything they see on American television shows haven't see this
So people that live in a foreign land who have not been to the USA are idiots for believing things they see from the USA?
If things are not true, why infect the rest of the world with untruths? - you surely wouldn't get the President telling the world untruths so why Hollywood?
Col

Last edited:
ColinEssex said:
So people that live in a foreign land who have not been to the USA are idiots for believing things they see from the USA?

Col

Gosh I thought he was talking about his fellow Americans, who else can he think of as being stupid, atheists?:rolleyes:

Rich said:
Gosh I thought he was talking about his fellow Americans,

It could be either really - Americans or foreigners:confused:
Who knows what they're thinking, I mean, christ, they even shoot British troops in Iraq:rolleyes: so there's obviously some element of confusion somewhere.

Odd really, when there's such a strong, decisive, focused leader in the Casa Blanca:rolleyes:

Col

Re: What's it called when you throw toilet paper over a house?

ColinEssex said:
What the hells all that about?:confused: there wasn't an option for "totally stupid"
Col

LOL .....................
Yes I thought it should have a "stupid" option as well!

Rich said:
Gosh I thought he was talking about his fellow Americans, who else can he think of as being stupid, atheists?:rolleyes:
Of course athiests are deemed stupid.:rolleyes:

People that believe in a centuries old fairy tale with no factual evidence of its existance, and believe the manual for that is the word of a 'god' type person who has never been seen - these are the sane ones:rolleyes:

Those that question the authenticity and refuse to accept heresay as evidence are stupid.

Its obvious isn't it?

Col

ColinEssex said:
Of course athiests are deemed stupid.:rolleyes:

People that believe in a centuries old fairy tale with no factual evidence of its existance, and believe the manual for that is the word of a 'god' type person who has never been seen - these are the sane ones:rolleyes:

Those that question the authenticity and refuse to accept heresay as evidence are stupid.

Its obvious isn't it?

Col

I have for a long time questioned the Church, people's belief in God very much like you have an outline above Colin.

However the odd thing about the Bible, in particular the old testament "Genesis" chapter is how accurate it is. possibly with the exception of it all happening in seven days'!

So I still reserve my judgment, however as science discovers more and more about the universe, less and less of it makes sense. Many of the universal constants have a value that if it was even slightly deviated from, would mean there would be no universe as we know it, the chances of this happening for so many constants indicates some other mechanism, which may simply be that we are in one of several thousand iterations, of constant forming and re-forming of the universe, or it may be that some godlike entity set it all into motion.

Is there a God?
It is likely that within the next twenty years someone will have a computer or something similar embedded into their brain. Once this becomes accepted, then imagine a person in 100 years time.

It is now possible to read someone's thoughts with magnetic resonance scanners in such detail as to be able to tell when they are lying.

In one possible future the possibility exists that your intellect, your mind, could be recorded and stored or even operate from something similar to a hard drive. Imagine such stored human intellects conversing, conversing and computing things at unimaginable speeds, where would this lead in a thousand years time? In 10,000 years? Could not that intellect be considered equivalent to a God?

As time progresses, and now we are talking in millions, if not billions of years, how would this intellect develop? What would this intellect do when faced with the destruction of the universe, would it not create a new universe? Would it not then be God of that universe?

This is all very science fiction, however now I can see simple and logical steps in technology which I believe will lead to a superior intellect, whether this will lead to a God, whether a similar process has already happened and there is a God, I don't know.

Uncle Gizmo said:
I have for a long time questioned the Church, people's belief in God very much like you have an outline above Colin.

However the odd thing about the Bible, in particular the old testament "Genesis" chapter is how accurate it is. possibly with the exception of it all happening in seven days'!

So I still reserve my judgment, however as science discovers more and more about the universe, less and less of it makes sense. Many of the universal constants have a value that if it was even slightly deviated from, would mean there would be no universe as we know it, the chances of this happening for so many constants indicates some other mechanism, which may simply be that we are in one of several thousand iterations, of constant forming and re-forming of the universe, or it may be that some godlike entity set it all into motion.

Is there a God?
It is likely that within the next twenty years someone will have a computer or something similar embedded into their brain. Once this becomes accepted, then imagine a person in 100 years time.

It is now possible to read someone's thoughts with magnetic resonance scanners in such detail as to be able to tell when they are lying.

In one possible future the possibility exists that your intellect, your mind, could be recorded and stored or even operate from something similar to a hard drive. Imagine such stored human intellects conversing, conversing and computing things at unimaginable speeds, where would this lead in a thousand years time? In 10,000 years? Could not that intellect be considered equivalent to a God?

As time progresses, and now we are talking in millions, if not billions of years, how would this intellect develop? What would this intellect do when faced with the destruction of the universe, would it not create a new universe? Would it not then be God of that universe?

This is all very science fiction, however now I can see simple and logical steps in technology which I believe will lead to a superior intellect, whether this will lead to a God, whether a similar process has already happened and there is a God, I don't know.

That's pretty deep blah, blah, blah...

Do you have any links to the 'magnetic resonance scanners' stuff? That sounds pretty cool :) :) :)

Uncle Gizmo said:
Is there a God?
Thats the key question Uncle. :D

Most religions depend on their followers having "faith" in believing that what they are told and read is true. Thats like people believing US TV programmes tell the truth.
Some people think its ok to believe a fairy tale on religion, yet label others "idiots" for believing a US TV programme! how bizarre and hypocritical is that?:rolleyes:

The other key question that is unanswerable is

"Which religion is the "right" one?" Its a real sod if you practice christianity and Hindu is the winner.:rolleyes:

or if there isn't any god then there'll be some red faces for sure.

Back to topic (ahem):

44% Dixie. Barely in Yankeedom.

And I'm from the South(ish) :eek: I guess we're really pretty central, so we get thrown in with the Southeast, Southwest, or the Mideast/Midwest depending on what map you're looking at and why. My Mom's family was from the Northeast though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Rich said:
Well it's obvious, man created God and not visa versa

An interesting viewpoint. Which came first - man, or GOD?

Lisa

A question to which the answer is based entirely upon belief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom