The Power of Sub Classes in VBA with Kent Gorrell (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 04:46
Please join us for our Monthly Chapter Presentation January 4th, 2024, at 6:30PM Pacific (UTC -8)

Kent will draw on his decades of experience providing solutions for his clients to share his insights into the Power of Sub Classes.

Here’s an outline of what you can expect, in an Overview, a longer version and a detailed version. (Something for every level of interest.)

Overview of the Presentation: Introduction to Form and Control Sub Classes

Examples of how to create a consistent User Experience with very little code.

These examples should get you thinking about what else you could do in your applications.

More detailed agenda and a link to the Zoom meeting are available at

https://accessusergroups.org/pacific/event/implementing-vba-classes-with-kent-gorrell/

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:46
For UK members:- Please join us for our Monthly Chapter Presentation January 5th, 2024, at 2:30AM --- UK --- GMT or BST

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
For UK members:- Please join us for our Monthly Chapter Presentation January 5th, 2024, at 2:30AM --- UK --- GMT or BST
It's even money at least one of you will. Adrian Bell often does.

Last edited by a moderator:

tvanstiphout

Local time
Please update your post to the correct time. That is NOT 2:30 pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 07:46
I'm just glad these make it to YouTube. Thursday nights are for bowling and since all the members of my team are family, they simply wont let me off the hook so that I can, as they say "Play with databases"

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I agree completely. Ken't preview video was a great idea and I found it very interesting.
I'd love to be there for the live session but I'm not at my best at 2:30 AM....
I'll be watching it on YouTube when its available

For those who missed yesterday's AEU session, unfortunately after about half an hour, our presenter A.P.R. Pillai lost his internet connection due to external circumstances beyond his control & apparently is still offline

We may re-record the second half of the session so that a video of the entire session can be posted online

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yes, I think we ought to encourage preview videos, but I'm not sure every presenter is comfortable enough to do so. It isn't for the faint-hearted, as you well know.

Perhaps if you can get a one on one session with A.P.R Pillai, the lesser bandwidth pressure will make for a smoother experience. Looking forward to it one way or the other.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time

I look forward to watching it.
I'll be re-recording the second half of the AEU session tomorrow & will also deal with the many audio glitches at my end.
The new recording will include questions from both the chat & the excellent discussion session after the presenter lost connection

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I just got feedback at UA that the translated subtitles are actually showing up and, more importantly, are reasonably accurate and useful.
I added, French, Italian, German and Spanish for this one.

If anyone wants other languages, let us know. The quality may vary across languages, but it's at least worth trying if anyone wants to use them as an aid.

Looking forward to the session with A.P.R. Pillai.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
the translated subtitles are actually showing up and, more importantly, are reasonably accurate and useful.

Are you using ChatGPT for the translation, Google Translate, or something else?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Are you using ChatGPT for the translation, Google Translate, or something else?
YouTube, which I assume uses their Google Translate. It's built in to the process of publishing videos, as an option.

ChatGPT would be far too much work, on top of hours of editing. You'd be surprised how many times some people say, "...um..." in the course of an hour.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
You'd be surprised how many times some people say, "...um..." in the course of an hour.

As the creator of nearly 300 YouTube videos for my Nifty Access YouTube channel, I am definitely not surprised!

However I must confess that I was not aware that YouTube generated alternative languages automatically....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom