The record source " qu_sample" specified on this form does not exist.

Lah_01

Local time
Today, 14:29
For some reason when testing in a user environment colleagues are getting this error message when clicking on a button linked to form, however when I open the database and click it, its opens and runs just fine. I know it has to be something simple but I cant seem to think why it is saying the queries are not there. I can see that they are there!

I am running the full Access 64 bit (365) and I think the users have runtime version. I don't understand how this error message can be showing for them and not me.

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Begs the question where is that source located?
I am guessing it is an update query?

Is the DB split?

Yes this is exactly what I thought - the source tbl for the query is a Sharepoint list and said colleague did not have access so I have granted access thinking this is what was causing the problem as it was the problem for my other colleage, but we are still getting an error message.
Yes it is split the BE is on my hard drive. Once i made it a Sharepoint list however i didn't think this mattered. The other colleagues did not get this error message.

I would make sure they really have access?
I have never used Sharepoint so cannot help with that, sorry.

I would make sure they really have access?
I have never used Sharepoint so cannot help with that, sorry.
Will do.
Now some of the other colleagues are getting a message that says they cannot open the database because it is being used/locked by admin. It seems like only one user can open the FE at a time.

Surely this cannot be correct

Each user should have their own copy of the FE on their own machine. If they are sharing the FE you are creating all sorts of potential issues

Each user should have their own copy of the FE on their own machine. If they are sharing the FE you are creating all sorts of potential issues
ok I will try by sending them each an email.

@Gasman you were correct - I don't think I gave the correct permissions to the SPList so have asked for this to be tested again. Hopefully this will have solved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom