Tired & Sick of duplicate and cross threads- (1 Viewer)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 04:41
Too many times I come on and see four duplicates thread, or even worse scattered all over the forums. While I understand that the former case is caused by site's slowness among other factors beyond user's control, I seem to recall that vBulletin supports limiting how many thread you can start.

Why not change the limit so users can only create a new thread only per, let's say, five minutes? That may help relieve the excessive duplicating and alert user that the thread already has been submitted and encourage them to edit the mis-submitted thread instead of sprinkling the wild oats around.

My $.02

R

Rich

Why not just get the site to bloody well work properly again!:mad:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 12:41
Rich said:
Why not just get the site to bloody well work properly again!:mad:
Would be nice. But until our Admin in absentia can show his face, we are stuck as we are.

I'm sick and tired of loads of aspects here too but I can't fix them because I lack the powers. I've asked Jon before about just making me an Admin of the site so that way I can fix the FAQ/Code Repository forums to have a proper description and to make all posts there moderated.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
2 or 3 years ago this site was fantastic, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Groundrush said:
2 or 3 years ago this site was fantastic, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Three years ago we barely knew you. ;)

Banana

Local time
SJ McAbney said:
Would be nice. But until our Admin in absentia can show his face, we are stuck as we are.

I'm sick and tired of loads of aspects here too but I can't fix them because I lack the powers. I've asked Jon before about just making me an Admin of the site so that way I can fix the FAQ/Code Repository forums to have a proper description and to make all posts there moderated.

Not that I know the Powers to Be's agenda, I can tell you that vBulletin is very uptight with who get to see their source code, and I would imagine that to add another administrator (or perhaps even merely transferring the position) would require a hefty license fee.

If that is what stopping Jon, we might as well agree to chip in and pay for the fee to add some more administrator. I'd say we'd need at least three administrators here; five even better.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Banana said:
I would imagine that to add another administrator (or perhaps even merely transferring the position) would require a hefty license fee.

No, you just go into the forum's admin/mod panel, search for user, and change them from User/Moderator/Super Moderator to Admin. There's no license or anything. The only license is for the vBulletin software itself.

All the forum needs is some areas tightened up such as the Solutions areas at the top as I have to move the threads that get posted there.

Banana

Local time
Funny. I was under the impression that an administrator would have access to the vBulletin's php codes and that would necessitates a license.

But then again, I am not administrator at any vBulletin forums, so what do I know. :)

Either way, I do agree there should be more than one administrator. I'm a member of another forum that is extremely well maintained because of four or five administrators with maybe four or five moderators.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Banana said:
Funny. I was under the impression that an administrator would have access to the vBulletin's php codes and that would necessitates a license.

I have my own vBulletin forum and you do get access to all the PHP. While I can code in PHP, trying to navigate their code proves tricky - especially since its all template based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom