Tony MacCabe Reporting (1 Viewer)

tmaccabe

Local time
Today, 02:16
Hello. I'm an Access guy living in a SharePoint world. I've been building Access solutions off and on since Access 98 (1998). Most of my questions involve how to best leverage SharePoint Lists as a back-end. Many of my non-Access co-workers are learning Power Apps, but to me, doing an app without the ease of Access for data maintenance and queries, and events driven programming seems nuts. I've got about 4 years to retirement.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:16
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:16
Welcome aboard! I've done a bit with sharepoint myself, looking forward to learning something from you and maybe even share something I've picked up along the way...

tmaccabe

Local time
Retired USN HR Officer 1993-2016, working as GS. Building a wooden boat, but I'm stuck 3 years in the process. Perfectionist. Crazy.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:16
Retired USN HR Officer 1993-2016, working as GS. Building a wooden boat, but I'm stuck 3 years in the process. Perfectionist. Crazy.
Yep, did the GS thing over in Naples for awhile, but checked out once the COVID nonsense started. Doing a contracting gig at DLA in Richmond now. Again, welcome aboard and keep us informed on the boat build!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:16
Well, another Navy guy. I was never military, but was a military contractor for 28 1/2 years starting with COMNAVRESFOR in 1988 and ending up with Navy Enterprise Data Center New Orleans - and yet through 9 contract changes, 4 CPU upgrades, two network upgrades, and all sorts of disk upgrades, I always worked on the same project. If you were HR, you probably worked with NSIPS in some part of your career. I was on the reserve side. NSIPS fed RHS (Reserve Headquarters Support) its data for the last several years, probably starting about the time of the DIHMRS fiasco. Does any of that ring a bell?

tmaccabe

Local time
Well, another Navy guy. I was never military, but was a military contractor for 28 1/2 years starting with COMNAVRESFOR in 1988 and ending up with Navy Enterprise Data Center New Orleans - and yet through 9 contract changes, 4 CPU upgrades, two network upgrades, and all sorts of disk upgrades, I always worked on the same project. If you were HR, you probably worked with NSIPS in some part of your career. I was on the reserve side. NSIPS fed RHS (Reserve Headquarters Support) its data for the last several years, probably starting about the time of the DIHMRS fiasco. Does any of that ring a bell?
Yes, bell rung. Ding. Ding. Ding. I worked in the PERS-4 Augmentation division for 3 years programming Access while also supporting order writing/tracking and the NMCMPS project. I was an IP on Mob at PERS and converted to FTS HR while there. I also stood watch a couple times for NFAAS call center. Every day was a discussion about reserve data in NSIPS, especially reserve status codes. I even visited the NOLA site for a meeting. I think DIHMRS was mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom