Top Music

Silverblood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:32
Here in holland we have something called the top 2000 on the radio, where listeners vote which song is on it, and for the 4th year in a row bohemian rhapsody is number 1, who agrees and who opposes, and what are the alternatives?

Silverblood said:
Here in holland we have something called the top 2000 on the radio, where listeners vote which song is on it, and for the 4th year in a row bohemian rhapsody is number 1, who agrees and who opposes, and what are the alternatives?

I think more people need to get hold of Col's latest cd, there's stuff on there that would top anyones chart.:D

BarryMK said:
I think more people need to get hold of Col's latest cd, there's stuff on there that would top anyones chart.:D

Well we've been waiting long enough Barry, you promised us copies of Col's CD last christmas and sadly we're still waiting, many disappointed fans here you know :(

Hay

I can't pick one song but I can list some of my favourite CDs from this year:

• I Am A Bird Now, Antony & The Johnsons
  • Noah's Ark, Cocorosie
  • Chavez Ravine, Ry Cooder
  • In The Light of the Moon, Ali Farka Toure & Toumani Diabate
  • Want Two, Rufus Wainwright
  • Funeral, The Arcade Fire
  • Kitty Jay, Seth Lakeman
  • Rosenrot, Rammstein
  • Fisherman's Woman, Emiliana Torrini
  • Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, Bright Eyes

Obviously, if I had Col's album it would be on there.

Hayley Baxter said:
Well we've been waiting long enough Barry, you promised us copies of Col's CD last christmas and sadly we're still waiting, many disappointed fans here you know :(

Hay
Actually Hay, I had the final mix of the CD given to me last week. I can send you some examples if you PM me your email address.:p I'll send Barry some when he gets his PC able to play songs.

Col

ColinEssex said:
Actually Hay, I had the final mix of the CD given to me last week. I can send you some examples if you PM me your email address.:p I'll send Barry some when he gets his PC able to play songs.

Col

A major artistic creation cannot be rushed Hay. Don't hold back Col I'm having my music pc rebuilt as we speak...and my speakers are being reinforced with two tons of concrete so I can play at max volume.

All we need now is for Rak to post some of his stuff.

ColinEssex said:

Col

A major artistic creation cannot be rushed Hay. Don't hold back Col I'm having my music pc rebuilt as we speak...and my speakers are being reinforced with two tons of concrete so I can play at max volume.

SJ McAbney said:
I can't pick one song but I can list some of my favourite CDs from this year:

• Noah's Ark, Cocorosie
  • Rosenrot, Rammstein

Obviously, if I had Col's album it would be on there.

Only a matter of time.

I'm with you on Chavez Ravine Stewart but although it's as old as the hills I'll go with the long version of Freebird by the Skynyrds as my number one.

ColinEssex said:
Actually Hay, I had the final mix of the CD given to me last week. I can send you some examples if you PM me your email address.:p
Col

Isn't this supposed to be Barry's job to give out the samples, you are the star after all ;) seeing as your management seems to be letting you down, my email address is in my profile (Pref the aol one) :)

Hay

Silverblood said:
what are the alternatives?

Strawberry Fields by The Beatles has to be a contender. You can listen to each instrument on its own from that song and it still sounds beautiful.

SJ McAbney said:
  • Noah's Ark, Cocorosie
  • Rosenrot, Rammstein
Aside from Ry Cooder, who's lost it now anyway, WHO?:confused:

Silverblood said:

disagree.

Any song by Van Morrison
Wednesday Down - Tufano Giammarese
Isn't Life Strange - Moody Blues
Fool on the Hill - The Beatles

Beatles rock... hehe. and I'm with The Corrs right now!

Andromeda said:
Beatles rock... hehe. and I'm with The Corrs right now!

I'm sending the music police around to your place for mentioning those two bands in the same sentence ;-)

reclusivemonkey said:
I'm sending the music police around to your place for mentioning those two bands in the same sentence ;-)

Saying that, I wouldn't three of The Corrs on the cover of the Let It Be album. The fourth face could be, er, Yoko.

Hayley Baxter said:
Isn't this supposed to be Barry's job to give out the samples, you are the star after all ;) seeing as your management seems to be letting you down, my email address is in my profile (Pref the aol one) :)

Hay

Hay
It's all due to Col's new policy of making his cd releases extremely limited editions, the exclusivity factor drives his fans wild. Even I have to get mine from him. Don't even bother to search on eBay:(

BarryMK said:

Would love to do that Barry, but since this forum only allows 100K, my
artistic creations would only be limited to the first bar of the song. :D

Maybe you could (re)open that website you previously used and I'll
zip you some of my creations.

Work is drowning me as we speak, so I hope to get into this forum more in 2006. For now best wishes to you all and a prospective 2006.

Cheers, Ron

rak said:
Would love to do that Barry, but since this forum only allows 100K, my
artistic creations would only be limited to the first bar of the song. :D

Maybe you could (re)open that website you previously used and I'll
zip you some of my creations.

Work is drowning me as we speak, so I hope to get into this forum more in 2006. For now best wishes to you all and a prospective 2006.

Cheers, Ron

Ron we'll look at that in the New Year. At present both home pcs are dead in the water so I can't get onto my own site until they're fixed. Cheers

BarryMK said:
Hay
It's all due to Col's new policy of making his cd releases extremely limited editions, the exclusivity factor drives his fans wild. Even I have to get mine from him. Don't even bother to search on eBay:(
Hay and Barry, I have sent you each just one song, just to see if you get it ok - more if ok. This is of course the pre-mastered acetate example.

Better get on, I've got EMI waiting on the phone, they want to know if I'll let someone called McCartney use the Abbey Road studio I've booked:rolleyes:

Barry, can you tell Branson he'll just have to bloody well wait:rolleyes:

Col

ColinEssex said:
Hay and Barry, I have sent you each just one song, just to see if you get it ok - more if ok. This is of course the pre-mastered acetate example.Col

Haven't received anything I'm afraid :confused: :(

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom