UCase Function not recognised (1 Viewer)

Jules48

Local time
Today, 16:59
In my Access 2000 database I have a form which displays patients' treatment details.
I have a text box in which the Forename and Surname are concatenated to display the full name and the Surname is included in a UCase function so that it is displayed in capitals:

=[tblPatient.Forename] & " " & UCase([tblPatient.Surname])

This works fine on my office computer (XP professional), but when I run it on my home machine (XP Home) in order to carry out further development, the UCase function is not recognised. I get the #Name? message in the text box and if I try altering the formula I get the message:

The function you entered can't be used in this expression
*You may have used a DoEvents, LBound, Ubound, Spc or Tab function in an expression
*You may have used an SQL aggregate function, such as Count, in a design grid or in a calculated control or field

As far as I know, the versions of Access are exactly the same on my home and office machines.
Is anyone able to shed any light on why this function works on one machine and not the other?

Thanks,

Jules

Jules48

Local time
Unrecognised UCase Function

Sussed it!
Missing comctl32.ocx reference in VB editor (VB Editor -> Tools -> References)

;)

jayke

Registered User.
Local time
Cannot find the reference

Hi Jules48,

I have the same problem. I looked for the reference comctl32.ocx but I couldn't find it. Is it listed under another name?

Regards

Jayke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom