Unable to Rename or Recaption Controls (1 Viewer)

Bilbo_Baggins_Esq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:41
I created a blank ACCDB in Access 2010 (x64) running on Win 7 (x64)
It is saved locally.

I created a blank, unbound form.
I created a generic button (with no action associated) and then copy/pasted it several times.

I clicked into each button and changed the VISIBLE caption.

I opened the property sheet:
Each button is named sequentially, Command4, Command5, Command6, etc.
When selected, each button's respective property sheet shows the current caption.

HOWEVER:
When I click into the "name" field in the property sheet, the existing name disappears.
As I type out a new name, the name is visible as I type it, but the font is overly large such that I cannot really see the entire word.
When I press ENTER or click out of the Name field, the name I typed disappears and the original name returns and the content of hte field into which my cursor moved then appears to be blank.

I have noticed the same behavior for the CAPTION field when attempting to make changes via the property sheet. However,I can directly enter into the button and change the caption there.

For testing purposes, I have noticed the same behavior for labels (associated or unassociated, text boxes, and any other control I insert.

This was supposed to be a quick little time saver for me and now it has turned into a PITA.
I was just building a "from scratch" database at work yesterday and everyhting worked as expected.

This is driving me up the wall.
:banghead:

It is probbly something simple, but for the life of me, I can't find it, and I have never expereinced this behavior before in many years of developing.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bilbo_Baggins_Esq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:41
wow, I have zero idea what was going on, but after closing and reopening the db at least a half dozen times and observing the same behavior, I closed and went to a few other threads for about 30 minutes.

now I reopend it again, and %@#%^@#%^ now the damn things works just fine.

oy vey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom