Unable to retreive the right value from form

willy292

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:28
I am very green in access, which I would like to search the project by team and more than team can take over on the same project. If tick the box for teamA and teamB, only project do by both team
can be display, but my Access query as below cannot work, please help

I have a table, form and a query

Table structure

Project Name , Description , teamA(Yes/No Box), teamB (Yes/No Box), teamC (Yes/No Box)

Form namely search project by team
show three Yes /No box for selection

query

SELECT Projects.[Project Name],
Projects.[Project Description], Projects.[Project Category], Projects.[Start
Date], Projects.[Est Completion Date], Projects.[End Date], Projects.[Project
Benefits/ Impact], Projects.[IT Resource], Projects.[Key Participant], Projects.[Last Update/Comments],
Projects.[Action Owners], Projects.Status, Projects.Activity,

FROM Projects

WHERE (((Projects.[TeamA])=[Forms]![Search Project by Team]![TeamA]) AND ((Projects.[TeamB])=[Forms]![Search Project by Team]![TeamB]) AND ((Projects.[TeamC ])=[Forms]![Search Project by Team]![TeamC]))

if the project is catered by team A , then team A will be set to yes , if the project is taken care by team A and B, both team A and team B's box will be set to yes

So, from what I understand, there are check boxes. Or I am wrong and you use text boxes and write the words "Yes" respectively "No" inside ?

I can't see any way to do this.
That, because your "database" is not a database.

I'll try to sketch here how I see your database:
tblProjects (ID_Project, ProjectName, .....)
tblTeams (ID_Team, TeamName, .......)
tblAssignedProjects (ID_Assign, ID_Project, ID_Team)
where ID_Project is a look up on tblProjects, ID_Team is a look up on tblTeams and ID_Project & ID_Team are indexed as unique.

This database can answer to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom