Unbound Combo Box Not working (1 Viewer)

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:09
I have a bound form that is used to approve or deny billing adjustments. I have a simple unbound combo box on the form that has two values ("Approved";"Denied") that was left unbound so that the data does not append to SQL until the user clicks the submit button. This form/database has been used by 50+ users without issue, but one user is now having an issue with the combo box. When she clicks the arrow on the combo box the list is not showing. When she types 'A' the field will populate with "Approved" but the form doesn't seem to recognize the value and she is unable to click the submit button. For all other users they are able to view the list of options and select one without issue.

There is no vba or macros that feed this dropdown so I am not sure what would cause it to stop working, and only for one specific user. The user is consistently able to navigate forms to get to this step in multiple copies of the database, but has not been able to operate the dropdown.

Does anyone know what issue could cause this?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:09
the combo MUST have vb to do something (in the AFTERUPDATE event)

if it runs a query: docmd.openquery "qsQuery"

if it filters the data on the list:
Code:
sub cboBox_afterupdate()
if isNull(cboBox) then
   me.filterOn = false
else
   me.filter = "[Field]='" & cboBox & "'"
   me.filterOn = true
endif
end sub

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
the combo MUST have vb to do something (in the AFTERUPDATE event)

if it runs a query: docmd.openquery "qsQuery"

if it filters the data on the list:
Code:
sub cboBox_afterupdate()
if isNull(cboBox) then
   me.filterOn = false
else
   me.filter = "[Field]='" & cboBox & "'"
   me.filterOn = true
endif
end sub

There is no vb for the combo, changing the value from the combo box does not trigger any queries or functions. Clicking the "submit" button is the only action on the whole form that triggers an action. Once the "submit" button is clicked I check to make sure it is not null then capture the value from the combo box, but until then there is no code interaction with it.

Attachments

• combo.png
    combo.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 152

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
There is no vb for the combo, changing the value from the combo box does not trigger any queries or functions. Clicking the "submit" button is the only action on the whole form that triggers an action. Once the "submit" button is clicked I check to make sure it is not null then capture the value from the combo box, but until then there is no code interaction with it.
Hi. I would just give her a fresh copy of the FE, just in case hers got corrupted.

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. I would just give her a fresh copy of the FE, just in case hers got corrupted.
The FE database is accessed via a Citrix app that links to the file location so all users are using the same FE copy, and the other users are not encountering this error. I tried giving her two new copies of the database but she encountered the same issue in both.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
The FE database is accessed via a Citrix app that links to the file location so all users are using the same FE copy, and the other users are not encountering this error. I tried giving her two new copies of the database but she encountered the same issue in both.
Okay, not too sure about her issue then. However, "best practice" approach is to create separate profiles for each user, so when they connect via Citrix, they are still using separate copies of the FE. It doesn't matter the environment, "sharing" a single FE is a problem waiting to happen.

jmwoolst

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, not too sure about her issue then. However, "best practice" approach is to create separate profiles for each user, so when they connect via Citrix, they are still using separate copies of the FE. It doesn't matter the environment, "sharing" a single FE is a problem waiting to happen.
I made a separate Citrix link that goes to a separate copy of the FE database for her to use so it is just her in the database and she is still having the issue. I changed the row source for the dropdown from values list to query results, but that did not solve the issue either.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I made a separate Citrix link that goes to a separate copy of the FE database for her to use so it is just her in the database and she is still having the issue. I changed the row source for the dropdown from values list to query results, but that did not solve the issue either.
Could you try creating her a new profile? Just a thought...

I imagine Citrix profiles can get corrupted too, but not sure how that would affect your db, if that was the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom