Undefined function in 'Conc' expression

Melanie,
Just change the Conc() function SQL to SELECT DISTINCT. That should fix your problem.

RG, You are wonderful, thank you and thank you again. You have solved my dilemma and now I'm free to move on and discover the next problem only to come wimpering back to the forum.

After reading this thread, I believe you are approaching this all wrong. You don't want to concatenate ANYTHING. You want a record involving grouping with the individual descriptive sections as the detail records in a report with group-header to bring together like items.

I just read this thread too, and the Conc function, creates a
comma-seperated string of all child record values.

It rounds them up through the parameters:

FieldName, PrimaryKeyName, PrimaryKeyValue and TableName.

If you change the functions SQL to "Select Distinct FieldName ..."
it will remove duplicates in the resultant string.

Wayne

DocMan: Thanks for the interest in this thread.

I was running a totals query where I totalled the value of one invoice. The invoice consists of many different rows with different fees per cost centre. (so one bank invoice - many services rendedered to different bank branches making up the invoice entry). In order to still retain the cost centre field and have only one summed entry per invoice, I needed to concatenate the rows into one field.

The Conc() function worked perfectly to achieve the result I was after. I have probably not explained very well, but adding the "distinct" to the function gave me the exact result. It removed the duplicates as WayneRyan described in his thread, so I only had one instance of each item instead of the item being repeated for as many records it matched in the tables:

So instead of cpt, cpt, cpt, jhb, pretoria (5 records) I got the following result:
cpt, jhb, pretoria. Perfect! Thanks again to RuralGuy for the help.

WayneRyan: Thanks too for your post, that was the right solution!!

Kind regards
Melanie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom