Update a lot of values in a table at once from a form (1 Viewer)

ewan97

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:46
I'm making a very basic sales system for my school project and I'm currently working on the stock management part, as I said it's very basic.

My task -
When the user receives a stock delivery they need to update the stock numbers. the value they need to update is the StockNumber value in the Products table. to so this I want to make a form that displays all the product names in a table with a textbox or cell next to it in which the user can enter the amount of that item that has been delivered. And at the bottom of the form there is a button which will add all these new values to the existing values.​

Problem -
1. There is no set number of products, the user is able to add new ones, this is preventing me from just making a separate textbox for each existing product
2. Also I have no idea how to do this​
I have attached a jpeg I made in paint to illustrate how I want to the form to work as well as my system as it currently stands, there are a few unused forms and queries.
If you can tell me how to make this form work it would be great and my system would be more or less complete, I'm just an amateur thrown in at the deep end by my school with this project.
(all the information currently in the system is either lorem or made up)
Any questions or additional info required please ask

Attachments

• proposed form layout.jpg
    proposed form layout.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 125
  • ewan97_Database4.zip
    169.1 KB · Views: 69

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 08:46
Sorry - but your system will not work in the real world, you need a delivery table where you register when (date) you've got which products supplied and the quantity.
Otherwise, you can not control it.
The same applies when ordered/ delivered a product.
Do not save total storage number in a table, it is calculated using a query.

ewan97

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:46
ok so how do I take the information about which products are ordered and put that in this proposed table which would store everything about ingoing and outgoing stock?
Also how can I calculate a current stock number from this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom