Updating problem (1 Viewer)

bdhtexas

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:07
I have a form where the users need to update an option group when they enter any information on the form.

The problem is that the users don't always update this option group.

The option group does not have a default value and has only two options.

When the user updates a form they need to choose a value.

One problem though, they may have to go in and update the form later and this action may cause them to change the option selected within the group.

Is there code I can use to alert them to first update the option group when updating the form and second to change the value within the option group when they need to.

Option Group --- Incomplete and Complete
Date Resolved can trigger the Complete option to be updated

I am seriously thinking we should make Incomplete the default value and then I would only need code for changing the option group from Incomplete to Complete.

However, Management wants the Option Group so we can run a report that lists all of the Incomplete and Null values within it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:07
re updating problem

You could have a button on the form (called Add Record) That the user must press to add a record.
When the button is clicked you can validate the fields and if a required field is not filled in display an error message and return to the form

Hope this helps

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Also, make the field a required field and don't allow the form to be closed unless a value has been selected.

Col

bdhtexas

Registered User.
Local time
Smart said:
You could have a button on the form (called Add Record) That the user must press to add a record.
When the button is clicked you can validate the fields and if a required field is not filled in display an error message and return to the form

Hope this helps

I do have Add record, however, a clerk adds all the new records and then the Analyst goes into the record later when it needs to be worked. It's when the Analysts works the form is when this option needs to be changed from null to incomplete. Then the may have to go back into the record again later to finish it and that's when they need to change it from incomplete to complete.

Smart

Registered User.
Local time
re updating problem

How about validating the field in question on the Add Record button and use a vb yes no msgbox
saying "Do you need to update the option group ?"

If the answer is yes exit sub and return to the form to enter it
If the answer is No add record

Hope this helps

bdhtexas

Registered User.
Local time
Further Clarification:

Today, a new appeal is received today and the clerk chooses Add record and enters the record but does not need to update the Incomplete and Complete.

In two weeks, an analyst goes in and works the appeal, but needs to send it to the medical director or outside vendor for review. At this time, the analyst needs to update certain fields on the form and select Incomplete on the record.

In another two weeks, the decision is final and the analyst needs to update the remaining fields on the form and choose Complete on the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom