Updating Unbound textbox on form per record viewed (1 Viewer)

TacoBueno

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:58
Hey, I am trying to figure out how to update an unbound textbox on a form to reflect conditional data in other boxes when each record is viewed (pages works with reports but I cant find something similar with forms). such as if I had an unbound textbox that I want to = firstname+" "+lastname I would want for it to update it every time a user goes to the next record.. I can't seem to figure out a command or method that executes every time someone goes to the next record.. (and Im not too familiar with all the commands that come without a GUI).. thanks for your time

carash77ash

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:58
Create an unbound text box. Use expression in unbound box. try having event on form
private sub form_selectionchange()
me.repaint
end sub

Hope this helps

Ash

TacoBueno

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:58
=/

that doesnt work =/... anyone else have any ideas?

lets say i have a table with 3 records each with 2 collumns
Column1 Column2
1 John Smith
2 Bob Jones
3 Tom Evans

i want an unbound textbox to display Column1 + " " + Column2 for each record viewed.

textbox[John Smith]
1 of 3

textbox[Bob Jones]
2 of 3

textbox[Tom Evans]
3 of 3

etc

(ignore the calculative logic, since this is not actually what I am doing, its just a simplified example of what NEEDS to be done as far as updating the box every time the currently viewed record is changed.. i need something that works similar to the "pages" method on reports...) thanks for any help...

carash77ash

Registered User.
Local time
ok had a play and solverd prob.

on text box properties set default value = [firstname]&" "&[lastname]

it worked on my test.

Ash

carash77ash

Registered User.
Local time
sorry mad a mistake on text box properties set control to "=[firstname]&" "&[lastname]" don't useuotation marks

Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom