Use Datasheet Form to add records to table (1 Viewer)

gemadan96

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:39
I have a table of items in inventory. I want a form that shows a blank datasheet to add new item to the iventory list. The user will be using a barcode scanner to enter the item's barcode only then moving to the next new record. Other information for the item is determined by default values based on each item. There are for type of items: Item A, Item B, Item C, and Item D.

When the user clicks the button for "Add Item A" to inventory I want a form to open with a blank data sheet to enter the barcodes. Then they need to scan the barcodes. When they're done they'll see a list of barcodes on the screen and be able to close the form. They're will be buttons for each item for accomplishing the same for them.

Any suggestions?

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 19:39
You havn't outlined your problem.

What stage are you up to. Are you getting an error. etc

gemadan96

Registered User.
Local time
I have created a form with a datasheet. When I open the form I see the entire list of existing barcodes. I don't want to see the existing barcodes. The user will just be adding new barcodes one after another.

RainLover

Local time
Go to design view of your form.

On the Data Tab of the Properties box where is says "Data Entry" change that to YES.

gemadan96

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! That did it. I also found that if I set a filter to show records where Barcode is null and set Filter on load to yes worked as well.

RainLover

Local time
That is good.

Later as you learn more you can set these properties in code. But no need to worry about that sort of thing just now. There are too many other things to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom