VBA Function (1 Viewer)

antoncata

Local time
Today, 08:12
I have a table that contains prices from several agents and from several airlines, they were divided into groups by weight charges.
Depending on the airport of departure (POL/C) and arrival (POD/C), I check all the prices and I have to use the best one. But to show the price alternatives.
Each airline has its own method of calculation, therefore I have to check.
table contains the following information:

Code:
ID = AutoNumber, Long Integer
A/CODE = Number, Long Integer
AGENT = Text, 
POL/C = Text, 
POL = Text, 
POD/C = Text, 
POD = Text, 
IATA = Text, 
Airline = Text, 
UPDATE = Date/Time, Short Date
EXPIRY DATE = Date/Time, Short Date
CURRENCY = Text, 
M/M = Number, Double (Minimum weight accepted)
-45 = Number, Double (price for the weight between 1 and 45)
+45 = Number, Double (price for the weight starting from 45 to 100)
+100 = Number, Double (price for the weight starting from 100 to 300)
+300 = Number, Double (price for the weight starting from 300 to 500)
+500 = Number, Double (price for the weight starting from 500 to 1000)
+1000 = Number, Double (price for the weight starting from 1000)
FSC = Number, Double
SSC = Number, Double
ScGw = Yes/No, Yes/No
FREQUENCY = Text, 
TT = Number, Long Integer
T/S = Yes/No, Yes/No
From the beginning it will have two weights as follows:
1. actual total weight (GW - gross weight)
2. calculated weight by volume (VW)
if GW > VW then..
calculation is based on the higher value (GW)
else
calculation is based on the higher value (VW)
example:
VW = 405 kgs and GW = 222 kgs then use higher value

FSC and SSC is added to the price if any.
Where is calculated on weight (VW) and If ScGw = Yes THEN the weight is different account and is calculated using (GW)
example:
Air freight = euro 0.25 / kgs (x 405 kgs VW)
Fuel + security = euro 1.1 / kgs (x 222 kgs GW)
If ScGw = No THEN calculate the normal VW
example:
Air freight = euro 0.25 / kgs (x 405 kgs VW)
Fuel + security = euro 1.1 / kgs (x 405 kgs VW)

If the calculation is made according to GW, then add the FSC and SSC automatically and without having to count, if ScGw = Yes / No

Values of GW and VW we have already calculated in another form and only need to be use. Airport of departure (POL/C) and arrival (POD/C) is already selected in another form.

If you can help me, as a few days simply fail to find any solution. I am writing full pages without any good result.
Thanks to all who respond.

Code:
    Public Sub CalculPret()

Dim db As Database
    Dim rec As Recordset
    Dim PolCboV As String
    Dim PodCboV As String
    Dim strSQL As String
    Dim GrossWeight As Double
    Dim VolumeWeight As Double
    Dim CalcWeight As Double
    Dim CalcWeightScGw As Double
    Dim CalcPrice As Variant
    Dim TotalPrice As Double

PolCboV = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PolCbo]
    PodCboV = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PodCbo]

'"Prices_List" is a table to save all offers from all agents

strSQL = "SELECT Prices_List.ID, Prices_List.[A/CODE], Prices_List.AGENT, " & _
             "Prices_List.[POL/C], Prices_List.POL, Prices_List.[POD/C], " & _
             "Prices_List.POD, Prices_List.IATA, Prices_List.AIRLINE, " & _
             "Prices_List.UPDATE, Prices_List.[EXPIRY DATE], Prices_List.CURRENCY, " & _
             "Prices_List.[M/M], Prices_List.[-45], Prices_List.[+45], " & _
             "Prices_List.[+100], Prices_List.[+300], Prices_List.[+500], " & _
             "Prices_List.[+1000], Prices_List.FSC, Prices_List.SSC, Prices_List.ScGw, " & _
             "Prices_List.FREQUENCY, Prices_List.TT, Prices_List.[T/S]"
    strSQL = strSQL & " FROM Prices_List"
    strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE (((Prices_List.[POL/C])='" & PolCboV & "') " & _
             "AND ((Prices_List.[POD/C])='" & PodCboV & "'));"

Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rec = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)

If rec.RecordCount = 0 Then
            rec.Close
            Exit Sub
        Else
                GrossWeight = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![Text34]
                VolumeWeight = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![Text36]

If GrossWeight > VolumeWeight Then
                CalcWeight = GrossWeight
            Else
                If ScGw = "Yes" Then
                    CalcWeight = GrossWeight
                Else
                    CalcWeight = VolumeWeight
                End If
            End If
            rec.MoveFirst
                Do Until rec.EOF
                    Select Case CalcWeight
                      Case 1 To 44
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![-45] Is Null, "No Value", rec![-45])
                      Case 45 To 99
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![+45] Is Null, "No Value", rec![+45])
                      Case 100 To 299
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![+100] Is Null, "No Value", rec![+100])
                      Case 300 To 499
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![+300] Is Null, "No Value", rec![+300])
                      Case 500 To 999
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![+500] Is Null, "No Value", rec![+500])
                      Case Is >= 1000
                        CalcPrice = IIf(rec![+1000] Is Null, "No Value", rec![+1000])
                    End Select
                    'This part is not completed
                    'not all agents have prices for all weight groups
                    'so may be empty fields
                    'This affects the calculation below

If CalcWeight = GrossWeight Then
                        CalcPrice = CalcPrice + rec!FSC + rec!SSC
                        TotalPrice = CalcPrice * CalcWeight
                    Else
                        TotalPrice = (CalcPrice * CalcWeight) + ((rec!FSC + rec!SSC) * GrossWeight)
                    End If
                    'message is only for the moment to test results.
                    'results have to collect in a table of all price options
                    'sorted from lowest to highest
                    'for now I have not figured out how to make
                    MsgBox rec!AGENT & " - " & TotalPrice & " " & rec!CURRENCY & " " & rec!Airline
                rec.MoveNext
                Loop
        End If
    rec.Close

End Sub

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:12
I noticed your question, I noticed it has not yet received an answer. I had a look myself, and I was put off by the complexity. I would suggest you divide the big question up into several smaller questions, you are more likely to receive an answer, and you may even solve the problem yourself.

antoncata

Local time
Today, 08:12
I noticed your question, I noticed it has not yet received an answer. I had a look myself, and I was put off by the complexity. I would suggest you divide the big question up into several smaller questions, you are more likely to receive an answer, and you may even solve the problem yourself.

Thanks for the reply, meanwhile I finished properly with the help from someone else. Therefore I will publish here the result. In the first phase in SQL (not my merit, I do not know SQL)
Code:
  SELECT             Prices_List.ID,             Prices_List.[A/CODE],             Prices_List.AGENT,             Prices_List.[POL/C],             Prices_List.POL,             Prices_List.[POD/C],             Prices_List.POD,             Prices_List.IATA,             Prices_List.AIRLINE,             Prices_List.UPDATE,             Prices_List.[EXPIRY DATE],             Prices_List.CURRENCY,             Prices_List.[M/M],             Prices_List.[-45],             Prices_List.[+45],             Prices_List.[+100],             Prices_List.[+300],             Prices_List.[+500],             Prices_List.[+1000],             Prices_List.FSC,             Prices_List.SSC,             Prices_List.ScGw,             Forms![DimensionsQry]![GW] AS GW,             Forms![DimensionsQry]![VW] AS VW,             IIf([VW]>[GW],[VW],[GW]) AS WtForCalculation,             Nz(IIf([WtForCalculation]>=1000,[+1000],IIf([WtForCalculation]>=500,[+500],IIf([WtForCalculation]>=300,[+300],IIf([WtForCalculation]>=100,[+100],IIf([WtForCalculation]>=45,[+45],[-45]))))),0) AS RateForCalculation,             IIf([RateForCalculation]=0,0,IIf([ScGw]="Yes",(([FSC]*[GW])+([SSC]*[GW])),(([FSC]*[VW])+([SSC]*[VW])))) AS FuelSecurityCharges,             [RateForCalculation]*[WtForCalculation]+[FuelSecurityCharges] AS FinalCost FROM             Prices_List WHERE             (((Prices_List.[POL/C])=[Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PolCbo]) AND ((Prices_List.[POD/C])=[Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PodCbo]));
And the VBA that I finished it while understanding the solution.
Code:
 Public Sub CalculPret()          Dim db As Database     Dim rec As Recordset     Dim PolCboV As String     Dim PodCboV As String     Dim strSQL As String     Dim GrossWeight As Double     Dim VolumeWeight As Double     Dim CalcWeight As Double     Dim CalcWeightScGw As Double     Dim CalcPrice As Double     Dim TotalPrice As Double          PolCboV = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PolCbo]     PodCboV = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![PodCbo]          strSQL = "SELECT Prices_List.ID, " & _             "Prices_List.AgCODE, " & _             "Prices_List.AGENT, " & _             "Prices_List.PolC, " & _             "Prices_List.POL, " & _             "Prices_List.PodC, " & _             "Prices_List.POD, " & _             "Prices_List.IATA, " & _             "Prices_List.AIRLINE, " & _             "Prices_List.REVISE, " & _             "Prices_List.[EXPIRY DATE], " & _             "Prices_List.EXCHANGE, " & _             "Prices_List.Mm, " & _             "Prices_List.LT45, " & _             "Prices_List.GT45, " & _             "Prices_List.GT100, " & _             "Prices_List.GT300, " & _             "Prices_List.GT500, " & _             "Prices_List.GT1000, " & _             "Prices_List.FSC, " & _             "Prices_List.SSC, " & _             "Prices_List.ScGw, " & _             "Prices_List.FREQUENCY, " & _             "Prices_List.TT, " & _             "Prices_List.Ts "     strSQL = strSQL & " FROM Prices_List"     strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE (((Prices_List.[PolC])='" & PolCboV & "') " & _              "AND ((Prices_List.[PodC])='" & PodCboV & "'));"          Set db = CurrentDb     Set rec = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL)              If rec.RecordCount = 0 Then             rec.Close             Exit Sub         Else                 GrossWeight = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![GW]                 VolumeWeight = [Forms]![DimensionsQry]![VW]                          If GrossWeight > VolumeWeight Then                 CalcWeight = GrossWeight             Else                 CalcWeight = VolumeWeight             End If             rec.MoveFirst                 Do Until rec.EOF                     Select Case CalcWeight                       Case 1 To 44                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![LT45], 0)                       Case 45 To 99                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![GT45], 0)                       Case 100 To 299                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![GT100], 0)                       Case 300 To 499                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![GT300], 0)                       Case 500 To 999                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![GT500], 0)                       Case Is >= 1000                         CalcPrice = Nz(rec![GT1000], 0)                     End Select                                          If CalcPrice = 0 Then                         TotalPrice = 0                     Else                         If CalcWeight = GrossWeight Then                             CalcPrice = CalcPrice + rec!FSC + rec!SSC                             TotalPrice = CalcPrice * CalcWeight                         Else                             If rec!ScGw = True Then                                 TotalPrice = (CalcPrice * CalcWeight) + ((rec!FSC + rec!SSC) * GrossWeight)                             Else                                 TotalPrice = ((CalcPrice + rec!FSC + rec!SSC) * CalcWeight)                             End If                         End If                     End If                 MsgBox rec!AGENT & " - " & TotalPrice & " " & rec!EXCHANGE & " " & rec!Airline                 rec.MoveNext                 Loop         End If     rec.Close          End Sub
Thank those who helped me, and those who wanted but did not understand whatever I want. Catalin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom