Visual Basic Editor Font/Background colours (1 Viewer)

jeffreyccs

Local time
Today, 01:50
Hi

AS the text in the VBE looked a bit washed out I decided to try and change the foreground and background colours and also increase the default text size. To my surprise after selecting a black background and white foreground, any symbols and numbers changed correctly but alpha text remains as before, also ther text size remained the same. I am using an up to date version of Access 365. I would be interested if anyone else has come across this. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate.

Regards

Jeff

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-03 152745.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 152745.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 64

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:50
Curious. Did you report the issue to MS using the Feedback form. You can attach pictures I think. Also include pictures of all your VBA setting options.

Mike Krailo

Local time
It doesn't work quite the way you would expect. You cannot simply change the background and foreground colors alone. You must update a lot more settings before it will appear as you expect. Wish it was that easy though.

Look through the posts below listed as similar threads for more details.

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:50
Update the background colour for all the Text entries (Keyword, Comment, Identifier etc ...) as well to match the Normal Text background colour.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Thanks for spelling that out Dave, it's not hard to do, just not obvious what has to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom