Solved What causes a sub form being locked? (1 Viewer)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 13:25
The whole thing here defies logic
I just wanted to add "logic" is a conditional word. When I see a database for an accounting system, I don't judge what is logical and what is not. Because I don't have the slightest idea how an accounting system works.
It surprises me you think what we are doing defies logic without even knowing anything about our business.
I really appreciate your time though. Thanks for your intent to help.

Have you already landed on the unbound form? If events and dependencies in a bound form bother me, I eliminate the cause and switch to the unbound form because of a single record in a step-by-step determination of individual content.
Not landed yet. We are doing some tests to see how it goes. So far, it seems it's the way to go, but I have to take two other supervisors' OK.
thanks again.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:25
@KitaYama I didn't try this but what if you used reports and the browser control to embed them? You can have all the formatting you want on the reports. I don't know if the browser control will show the report in report view (in which case the controls are "live") or in print preview (in which case they are "dead").

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 13:25
I didn't try this but what if you used reports and the browser control to embed them?
To be honest, what you explained is an unknown world for me and I don't dare to step in an unfamiliar world and do something that I'm not able to correct in case of problems. If for any unknown reason something goes wrong, I don't want to be the one person who's responsible for it.

I just received a message from my supervisor that he had signed and accepted what @ebs17 had suggested earlier. The next update, scheduled for 5th of May will contain our first unbound form.

Thanks for all the comments, advices and help from all who participated.
I think tonight we all can sleep in peace.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom