What is the latest release version for VB7 (VBE7.DLL) and does it matter? (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 07:29
In Access Tools References - there is a reference to Visual Basic for Applications VBA7.
or MS Access File menu - Help -System Information - Software Environment - loaded modules - (scroll to bottom) see vbe7.DLL.

My version is 7.0.15.90 2/25/2010

A web search indicates a version 7.0.16.25
and the latest found is Version: 7.0.16.27
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598243 describes 7.0.16.27

While I am not experiencing actual problems, my development 32 bit seems to be running faster than on the Citrix Server that is running 64 bit.

If there is anyone with links, ideas, experience, or advice - please share here.

This site stopped short of the version numbers:
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

While searching, there was a comment that applications developed with VBA 7 could not run on older versions (such as vba 6). Basically, can't go back.

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 09:29
Years ago I knew of a file version database somewhere on Microsoft's website. You could enter a filename, and back would come a complete list of versions and what shipped each version. I will try to remember to check my bookmarks at my other office to see if I can find it / see if the site is still working / updated.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 07:29
Thanks. I probably wasted over an hour with Google looking for an answer. Microsoft is staying very tight lipped about this kind of thing.
My indication is that I am not using the big VBE7 Patch that fixed a lot of things.
But, if this is just some version that included the Cherokee Language kind of thing, it wouldn't be worth fixing something that isn't broken, for a feature that wouldn't be used.

Hope you can find that site. It is something that might come in handy for web site like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom