What query is appropriate (1 Viewer)

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:39
Hi,
I've a table "tblTutor" which contains tutor's key (TRef, an automatic incremental number), Name, Address, Email, etc. and a "tblProcessTNewAppt" which has "TRef" field from tblTutor as a foreign key. "tblProcessTNewAppt" table also contains the rest of this tutor's appointment matters as ReplyToInvitation, AcceptToAppt, ApptStart_Dt, ApptEnd_Dt, etc.

Now, I need to make up a query that contains TRef, ReplyToInvitation, AcceptToAppt, ApptStart_Dt, ApptEnd_Dt from "tblProcessTNewAppt" and his/her corresponding Name, TRef from "tblTutor".

What query is the most appropriate for this query?

Best.

NT100

Last edited:

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
My query is as below

frmTProcessNewAppt
SELECT tblTutor.LastName, tblTutor.FirstName, tblTutor.Alias
FROM tblTutor INNER JOIN tblProcessTNewAppt ON tblTutor.TRef = tblProcessTNewAppt.TRef
ORDER BY tblTutor.LastName, tblTutor.FirstName, tblTutor.Alias ;

Note: All records in tblProcessTNewAppt should have their existing records in tblTutor.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:39
I am confused by the question. Are you aware that you can select columns from any table in the query?

When you are unfamiliar with syntax, try to use the QBE to build the query. In this case, Add the two tables and close the table dialog. Draw the join line between the two tables. Then select whatever column you want from both tables.

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
I am confused by the question. Are you aware that you can select columns from any table in the query?

When you are unfamiliar with syntax, try to use the QBE to build the query. In this case, Add the two tables and close the table dialog. Draw the join line between the two tables. Then select whatever column you want from both tables.

I know. My concern is that if the query is the most appropriate approach.

NT100

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 23:39
Really weird uses of the term 'appropriate'. I think that's the Crux of the confusion.

Without further info or specific concerns, the answer is yes it is.

NT100

Registered User.
Local time
Really weird uses of the term 'appropriate'. I think that's the Crux of the confusion.

Without further info or specific concerns, the answer is yes it is.

Thank you for the suggestion. Sorry for the misleading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom