where is the import error table? (1 Viewer)

matt2006

Local time
Today, 14:28
When a txt file is imported it can fail the validation - when this happens ive been told it creates a table with the rejected records

ive been searching the internet for hours now, and everything ive read suggests it just appears as a new table. But it doesnt - how to i view this table, doe it have a button somewhere to turn this feature on?

i really need to view the rejected records but theres no new table after importing, what am i doing wrong?

thanks
matt

MStCyr

Local time
Today, 17:28
I believe you're thinking of the Paste Error table

matt2006

Local time
I dont know, i just heard that access generates a table when it fails to import some records.

I just need someway of knowing what records it hasn't added - i've been trying to find a way for 2 days now and everytime i go back to google i feel im going round in circles

Thanks - If you know of a way i would be really grateful

Thanks again
Matt

MStCyr

Local time
How are you trying to import the data - Copy & Paste?... are you using Paste Append?... if not, then you should try that

matt2006

Local time
im importing from a text file (tab delimited). im just using the 'get external data' tool on the file menu. at the end it just says how many records were skipped not which ones specifically

Thanks
Matt

MStCyr

Local time
Hi Matt

Can you send me the text file and the table you're importing into ... I'll take a look at it. This is normally a simple task.

My email is: stcyrm@aol.com

Maurice

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:28
in tables, if an import partially fails, Access normally creates a table with a similar name follwed by _errors. You should be able to see it in the table list.

i think this is normally with invalid data eg incorrect data for a date/time field - i think if you have duplicate keys errors, then you can't import all the data, and these will be reported, but you won't get an error table with these rows.

check the keys of the table you are importing into, or try a vanilla import to a new table, when everything should come across

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom