Workgroup security woes (1 Viewer)

striker

Useless and getting worse
Local time
Today, 23:44
:confused: I have a Access97 database running in a NT4 environment which is secured by workgroup permissions (not my idea it is company policy).

I have in the past been able to email the database to another site (who use Access2000) and they have been able to open it with no problems.

This week I have emailed it to them and they can't open it they get the message shown below:

The current user account does not have permission to convert or enable this database.

To convert or enable a database, ensure the following:
*You must join the workgroup that defines the user accounts used to access this database.
*Your user account must have Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the database object.
*Your Uesr account must have Modify Design Or Administer Permissions for all tables in the database, or it must be the owner of all the tables in the database.
*Your user account must have read Design permission for all objects in the database.
*Request that other users close the database.

Both system admins say nothing has changed has anyone had this before and if so what was the cure

Last edited:

Treason

#@$%#!
Local time
Today, 18:44
Q: have u sent them the .mdw file also?

If so, Have you erased privledges for the admin account, and made them thier own account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom