Working from home = Cabin Fever (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 23:10
Send help...soon! Don't. know. how. much. longer. I. can. hold. on...

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hang in there John. We're all in the same boat. I'm getting an inch or 2 of late season snow today - after a week+ of warm spring weather.:(

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
The Jimmy Buffet song "Boat Drinks" comes to mind!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:10
You can make it. You've lasted this long!

We've been at WFH for months, and my wife does it permanently but normally doesn't have me for company...
I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the office for at least a few days a week.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
It is complete role reversal for me. She goes to work and puts in late hours while I stay at home, mind the granddaughter (I even potty-trained her!) and prepare dinner.

My fragile male ego cant take too much more of this - might have to go to a gentlemen's club to get my head right...

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Recently, she has been out quite a lot travelling for sites visits (she's out again today), whereas it's me that normally commutes.

I had to drive 25 miles for my covid jab a few weeks ago and it felt like a day out... 🤦‍♂️ :cool:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
We've both (all 4 actually, including an 18 yr old and a 20 yr old going through some interesting phases...) been at home 24/7 for over a year now. Life has definitely changed..

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
granddaughter (I even potty-trained her!)

My granddaughter left to her own devices, decided to to spread the contents of the potty everywhere with her bare hands!

My son and daughter-in-law didn't know what to say or do.

I asked my granddaughter what did it feel like? Did it smell funny? All she was doing was exploring her world!

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
It is complete role reversal for me. She goes to work and puts in late hours while I stay at home, mind the granddaughter (I even potty-trained her!) and prepare dinner.

My fragile male ego cant take too much more of this - might have to go to a gentlemen's club to get my head right...

So interesting, how did you potty-trained your granddaughter? How old is she? I have a 1 year old baby here in the house and I'm planning to train her to save diaper cost.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So interesting, how did you potty-trained your granddaughter? How old is she? I have a 1 year old baby here in the house and I'm planning to train her to save diaper cost.
She is 2. She had gone in the potty a few times but was content using her diaper. No matter how much I tried to convince her not to go in her diaper, she did.

When she had to poop, it was easy to tell because she would stand up and go hide...I would direct her to the potty but I couldn't be there each and every time.

When she would poop in her diaper, she would come to me and announce that she needed changing because she did not like the way it felt...

So, I removed her diaper and made her walk around "commando"...she would not soil herself while she was naked and was forced to find the potty.

Within a week she was used to using the potty. I introduced clothing and watched her closely. For the most part, she would not soil the panties and the few times she did, she knew she should not have and it was easy to correct her.

The whole process took about 2 weeks

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
20210421_124848.jpg

I built this for her while I was in between jobs. It is one of the main reasons she is always saying "I wanna go Pops house!!"

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
As for having cabin-fever, this is the "first" time that I have actually looked forward to the warm spring weather arriving. Things were a bit bleak from December through March. Two of our kids had Covid and we, at the time, did not have any Covid vaccine shots. So no visiting. We were stuck at home. Now we are fully vaccinated and building motivation to travel somewhere. Good luck with your grandchild!

Scott Adams has been running cartoons on the tribulations of working at home. One of the recent ones.

1619029805316.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom