"You can't assign a value to this object" error (1 Viewer)

B

BeccaJ

Why do I keep getting the error "You can't assign a value to this object" when I enter a value into a list or combo box in a subform from the parent form in Form View. It is not a read-only form and the subform is closed and the value is not too large for the field. It is from a list. This is in a continuous form and happens in the first field that I attempt to enter per row, but not with the other fields.

Another question is how can I make a list box to show multiple rows like a combo box does?

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:22
I'm unsure of what the first problem is, but have you checked to make sure that there is no code behind the first field that is trying to set the value to another object?

On the list box you have to make it taller. The taller the control the more rows you see in it.

Clarence

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:22
Just a though but the field in the subform would not happen to be an indexed field would it, particularly the one you are linking your subform and master form on, if this is the case then you will not be able to assign a value but should either hide the field on the sub form or maje in enabled = false.
Not sure if this applies in your case but it may be worth investigating
Regards

I

ITS_guy

As far as your first problem with the error message, try enforcing referential integrity on your tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom