Flame Wars (1 Viewer)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:04
You see, I saw a British comedy show on TV. It influenced my life.

And thanks for the vote of confidence!

Wasn't Benny Hill, was it?:eek:

Local time
Today, 13:04
I was thinking that Colin, but decided that if I changed it, you wouldn't have anything to comment on.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I was thinking that Colin, but decided that if I changed it, you wouldn't have anything to comment on.

My range of topics for discussion would outweigh your limited picket fenced American range any day.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Is there such a thing as a "poor" Texan, and are you related to Bush?

I thought people that live in Texas all have big estates like Southfork, with a couple of oilwells in the grounds.

Texas (or at least Dallas) seemed very wealthy when JR and Bobby ruled the roost.

Col

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:04
My range of topics for discussion would outweigh your limited picket fenced American range any day.

Col

If only your British mind was as open as your range of topics for discussion. :rolleyes:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 11:04
Debating with a common brit would be like a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent :rolleyes:

If only your British mind was as open as your range of topics for discussion. :rolleyes:

Local time
Today, 13:04
I thought people that live in Texas all have big estates like Southfork, with a couple of oilwells in the grounds.

Texas (or at least Dallas) seemed very wealthy when JR and Bobby ruled the roost.

Col

How stunningly accurate of you! Now see, you caught on that life imitates art. Nowadays, JR and Bobby are like paupers. We all have estates much larger and better than Southfork and we're not nearly as well educated. And our women are twice as treacherous (as measured on the highly scientific "Treachery" scale provided by Al Gore's scientists). In fact, we're all much more treacherous.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
How stunningly accurate of you! Now see, you caught on that life imitates art. Nowadays, JR and Bobby are like paupers. We all have estates much larger and better than Southfork and we're not nearly as well educated. And our women are twice as treacherous (as measured on the highly scientific "Treachery" scale provided by Al Gore's scientists). In fact, we're all much more treacherous.

Well all that seems to fit in with what we see and read about the USA.

Thanks for confirming it.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Perhaps you may care to expand on your comment.

Although I doubt it, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question of a couple of months back about deleting threads / posts without so much as a word or reason.

Some moderator you are.

Col

Vassago

Local time
Perhaps you may care to expand on your comment.

Although I doubt it, I'm still waiting for you to answer my question of a couple of months back about deleting threads / posts without so much as a word or reason.

Some moderator you are.

Col

And you assume I did it? Typical British attitude to make assumptions about Americans without any evidence.

I'll be happy to expand, and your post above actually strengthens my expansion, so I must thank you for it. Your insistance that all Americans have a single way of thinking is as close-minded as the Americans you claim to have a single way of thinking. You're almost as bad as the narrow-headed Christians you claim to despise for their inability to listen and respect the beliefs, or lack of beliefs, of others.

Other than that, I agree with you on most of the points you've posted over the years. Bush was definitely an idiot. Christianity is over-rated. We have more in common than you think. ;)

Maybe I should be British... :cool:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
And you assume I did it? Typical British attitude to make assumptions about Americans without any evidence.

I'll be happy to expand, and your post above actually strengthens my expansion, so I must thank you for it. Your insistance that all Americans have a single way of thinking is as close-minded as the Americans you claim to have a single way of thinking. You're almost as bad as the narrow-headed Christians you claim to despise for their inability to listen and respect the beliefs, or lack of beliefs, of others.

Other than that, I agree with you on most of the points you've posted over the years. Bush was definitely an idiot. Christianity is over-rated. We have more in common than you think. ;)

Maybe I should be British... :cool:
Don't condemn all us brits for what is possibly just an English failing:D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

Well you haven't denied it. So in the true American way, guilty until proved innocent.

Anyway, that apart, what exactly is the reasoning for deleting stuff without warning or notification?
Or perhaps each mod has their own agenda, therefore leading to disharmony and unequality amongst the mods.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time

Well aside from all that Dallas is the only place on Earth outside of Israel that someones been brought back from the dead:eek:

Vassago

Local time
Well you haven't denied it. So in the true American way, guilty until proved innocent.

Anyway, that apart, what exactly is the reasoning for deleting stuff without warning or notification?
Or perhaps each mod has their own agenda, therefore leading to disharmony and unequality amongst the mods.

Col

I'm more of an "innocent until proven guilty" kind of guy. Since you just made a comment or accusation in the "American way", and you're also becoming as obsessive about making American observations as you seem to claim we are about religion, laws, customs, etc... are you sure you are not American?

Don't you have something witty and/or clever to respond with to my expansion? Are you still in too much shock that your vague and narrow generalization of Americans didn't hold up? :p

By the way, unequality is not technically a word. I'm sure you mean inequality. Please do try to use proper English or your post loses it's credibility. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom