Error OnLoad (1 Viewer)

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:41
Ηι,

I'm trying to load a form which includes Web Object and i take the attached error. Does anyone knows how can i solve this problem?

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 91

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
that looks like an error commonly thrown by almost all broswers. FF's looks different than that, but the warning strings are almost the same as in your image. the warning message:
the name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site
is a little ambiguous and my guess would be that it could mean more than one thing. just reading it yields you 2 options as to what the problem could be. as far the part that says:
the certificate does not match the name of the site
that makes ZERO sense. but that's typical. it's unclear as to what correlation it's pointing to. my humble guess would be that the site administrator is unaware of the problem and that it's a recent issue that's happened by accident. I would assume that proceeding would be just fine. But it's your risk. by the way, what's a "web control" on an access form? I've never used one. It is a COM? Active X object? The only ones I've heard of use IE, I believe, as the viewing medium that allows the content to be communicated through the internet and be displayed on the form. Is this the first time you've seen the error? Did you open the form on previous days without this happening?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:41
Adam's final two questions are directly on point.

Has this ever worked for the form you mentioned? That is crucial to resolving this issue.

The problem with security certs is that sometimes the developers forget that there are web requirements on cert names because that is how you get pages to be trusted. This MIGHT be something simple as having a link that jumps to a folder that is NOT a sub-directory of the home URL. I.e. let's say the site starts in folder C:\SiteHome and that it drills down in sub-folders thereof. BUT let's say that one of the pages jumps you to C:\Junkyard for some reason. If the root folder of the cert is for C:\SiteHome, you just jumped out of the certificate's scope. That isn't your fault.

So the next question is, how do you get to that site that your web control referenced, AND did you derive that link from the web link on some other page? I.e. from where did the web link originate. A followup question is whether your browser gets the same message if you manually try to get there? Because if it does, the problem isn't likely to be on your end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom