Table and Query not updating (1 Viewer)

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
HI all, please could you assist? I have attached my DB. When "Task definition clone to sub form" is open and I open update to clone task definition, it should only give me the ID of the record selected in the combobox, the new ID must be saved in the table TaskDefinitionClone for all records but it is not happening. what am I doing wrong? View attachment Clone.accdb

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
I just looked at your database relationships. In plain English, what is the "business" that this proposed database is intended to support?
Start with a clear description -plain English - of the issue/opportunity you are trying to solve/support.
I recommend no embedded spaces in field or object names -- it ill save you frustration and syntax errors at some point. Also no special characters in field or object names - only alpha and numeric chars and "_"(underscore character).
I think that Text, Type and Description are reserved words in Access.

Good luck with your project.

Gismo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:49
It is an aircraft maintenance tracking program the DB link is just a few tables and forms I extracted for an example. As for the special character, that is the international standard, I have to use it so where ever I can I use the ID as reference and registration only for display. I have used the query to filter records in a form on many other forms and works like a dream, just this one does not want to work with me the table shows incorrect ID after update from the combo box and the query does not display the record either

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 05:49
Hmm - first think to check is if the reference in the query to the form control is correct! :)

If you can't find the error, (in your query you refer to a control on the form called [REGLINK], but you don't have a control with that name)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom