Hide the Navigation Pane in Access Form (1 Viewer)

bffluv

Local time
Today, 01:34
I am about to push my Form from development to the test environment. How do I hide the Navigation Pane (All Access Objects) from users? All they need to see is the switchboard that will take them to the Form. I have tried both options below and I can still see the Navigation Pane. Please Help

Option #1
Show or hide the Navigation Pane in Access
1. Click the File tab, and then click Options.
2. Click the Current Database category, and under Navigation, clear the Display Navigation Pane check box.
3. Click OK
4. Close Access and re-open for the changes to take effect.

Option #2
To hide Navigation Pane without providing access to them:
1. Right-click the menu bar at the top of the Navigation Pane, and then click Navigation Options.
2. In the Navigation Options dialog box, uncheck the Show Hidden Objects check box, and then click OK.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:34
Show Hidden Objects refers to hidden tables, forms etc
Whilst you should be able to hide the navigation pane successfully as described, it's very easy for users to show it again from database options.

I suggest you hide it using code and its often wise to hidden the ribbon as well. I have an example database with all the code you need for both of these and more besides
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=293584

It is also possible to remove database options but that needs a separate solution involving a customised ribbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom