Dashboard Scaling for 42" TV Screen (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:32
But if so why wouldn’t it also apply to the maximum form length which is about 56 inches IIRC

I've never said I knew ALL of the answers. The bit about INTEGER scaling is a surmise based on simple math. However, this is from the specs for Office 365:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/access-specifications-0cf3c66f-9cf2-4e32-9568-98c1025bb47c

(I just cut/pasted in a way to lose the formatting 'cause it was just too wide...)

Form or report width 22,75 in. (57.79 cm)
Section height 22.75 in. (57.79 cm)
Height of all sections plus section headers (in Design view) 200 in. (508 cm)

This says each SECTION is limited to a square 32760 twips to a side. So if the renderer does a section at a time, the limits are still within an INTEGER range. Where they come up with the 200 inch limit, I don't know because the math says that you can fit eight full-sized sections (and a small fraction of another one) in that 200-inch range, but you have larger limits on the number of headers and footers. So I'm not going to guess what barrier that 200-inch limit ran into.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:32
Ah clearly I didn't recall correctly. Its approx. 56cm (not inches) per section in A2010 but slightly more in A2016.
I gave the same link in my earlier post but couldn't easily recheck it from my phone

Looks like leo the lion's less amusing twin brother has been busy tonight whilst I've been away.

Last edited:

Snowflake68

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:32
Snowflake,

Just as a FYI, if you are not sure of the resolution the end user will be running your application at, you can add a table to help resize based on resolution. Pretty much you have a parent record with default resolution for your application, then child records for each control on each procedure. When you load each procedure you can then move/resize based on the values in your table. This can also be expanded to change captions and change help text. If you need, I think I can make a simple demonstrator for you.

Thanks Mark, I will ask the end user what resolution their TV is. I have found out that it is actually a 55" but I guess that is irrelevant now.

I have learned a lot from this post so thanks to all for their suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom