Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Reference > Microsoft Access User Groups

Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
Dick7Access
Dick S

Dick7Access is on a distinguished road
Re: Bournemouth/South West England Groups ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
I was in Pittsburgh a few years ago on business we got -34F - the Ohio froze over and the coal barges couldn't get to the power stations. Amazing thing was the cars didn't freeze up and everything was dry - no moisture in the air - although we went up to Seven Springs one weekend and woke to an ice storm which coated the cars on one side with about 6 inches of ice - other side had about 2 inches.

Much warmer in Miami!
I am in Belleview, FL which is about 180 miles north of Miami. I know what cold is, however, I am originally from RI and MA. I have been in Fl 23 years. Many times I had to get go outside and start the car before work and let it warm up for 1/2 hour. I have seen ice on all sides of the car and have to use a ice scraper to clear the windshield. I go back to RI every two or three years for meetings, but of course I only book in the summer. My first year down here I went for a ride on my motorcycle in Nov. and sent a picture back on my bike in short sleeves.

Dick7Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #17
pr2-eugin
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,067 Times in 2,014 Posts
pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
That's OK for me - are we talking lunch or evening? Prefer lunch!
I would prefer Lunch too ! Say meet up by 2 pm? Or earlier somewhere else?

PS: Should we also create a thread in Watercooler section and see if there are any more takers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
!
Windows 7 Professional, MS Access 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above post has helped you, please click the scales
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or click the 'Thumbs up'. Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pr2-eugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #18
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,670 Times in 3,538 Posts
CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light CJ_London is a glorious beacon of light

At the moment we have me in Oxford, Gizmo in Newbury and Paul in Bournmouth, so unless Penfold is going to join us, it seems to me that Newbury might be a closer location. Happy to leave it in Bath, just running it up the flagpole, see who salutes it!

2pm is OK with me but happy to make it a bit earlier, say 1pm. It will be busy so suggest we do need to book a table.

Can move this post to the water cooler - but I don't know how

CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:30 AM   #19
pr2-eugin
Super Moderator

pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about pr2-eugin has a spectacular aura about

Just created a New thread - AWF - Christmas meal

Newbury could be an alternative. I have never been there, so should be an interesting trip

In the thread I have mentioned the tentative idea as Bath - Hare & Hound pub 14 December 2013, 1pm..

!
!

Old 11-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

Also Posted in AWF - Christmas meal Thread

Yes I'm in, I'm flexible on time, date and location. What you,ve got so far looks good.
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #21
pr2-eugin
Super Moderator

Great to have met Tony and Chris in the Christmas meal. Great Spanish food, knowledge exchange. It was fun ! Hoping to do this again sometime soon !

!
!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
Dick7Access
Dick S

Talking Re: Bournemouth/South West England Groups ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick7Access View Post
We are expecting a cold front about midnight. It really going to get terrible around here. It might even get down to around 62 F
The joke is on me. It got down to 34% F last night, but that's ok as I am not real fond of Spanish food. However, that gives me a great idea. Lets start Access World Forum meals all over the world. Anybody near Ocala, FL interested I am willing to drive up to 60 miles.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
Dick7Access
Dick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick7Access View Post
The joke is on me. It got down to 34% F last night, but that's ok as I am not real fond of Spanish food. However, that gives me a great idea. Lets start Access World Forum meals all over the world. Anybody near Ocala, FL interested I am willing to drive up to 60 miles.
Also in March I will be in Vidor, TX
June in Biloxi, MS great buffets
August Berkley Springs, WV
Sept Longview, TX
Old 12-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #24
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

A very Nice meeting...

Good company and good food.

The way I remember it we didn't stop talking!

It would have been a very interesting meeting for anyone with an interest in MS Access however, anyone else would have died of boredom I reckon.

One particular conversation I remember was about the on current event of a main form, which operated on subforms contained within the main form and the different ways of tackling the issues that arise in this situation. Two completely different methods were discussed and this just reinforced my observation that there is always more than one way of doing something in MS Access, none better than the other, just down to user preference and experience.

More MS Access based exchanges of course, we also discussed hobbies, and work.

3 hours of non stop discussion, and I'm sure we only scratched the surface and could have talked for another 3 hours; so another meeting is definitely on the cards for me.

If anyone wants to attend the next meeting then please indicate by suggesting a suitable location, date and time.

Location: I'm thinking London, or a northern city, depends on the location of the majority. Time: I'm flexible, weekday, weekend, lunchtime or evening suitable.

Also posted HERE: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...20#post1317320
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Dick7Access
Dick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gizmo View Post
A very Nice meeting...

Good company and good food.

The way I remember it we didn't stop talking!

It would have been a very interesting meeting for anyone with an interest in MS Access however, anyone else would have died of boredom I reckon.

One particular conversation I remember was about the on current event of a main form, which operated on subforms contained within the main form and the different ways of tackling the issues that arise in this situation. Two completely different methods were discussed and this just reinforced my observation that there is always more than one way of doing something in MS Access, none better than the other, just down to user preference and experience.

More MS Access based exchanges of course, we also discussed hobbies, and work.

3 hours of non stop discussion, and I'm sure we only scratched the surface and could have talked for another 3 hours; so another meeting is definitely on the cards for me.

If anyone wants to attend the next meeting then please indicate by suggesting a suitable location, date and time.

Location: I'm thinking London, or a northern city, depends on the location of the majority. Time: I'm flexible, weekday, weekend, lunchtime or evening suitable.

Also posted HERE: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...20#post1317320
Wish I could have been there. Lets get started in the states. Three or more people I will drive up to 60 miles of Ocala, FL. I have meetings in Vidor, TX, in March, Biloxi, MS June, Berkley Springs, WV, Aug., Longview, TX Sept. Anybody around those cities interested?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: