Accessing Crystal Reports through MS Access (1 Viewer)

Kiz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:52
Hi all,

I am using MS Access 2010, building my first ever access database. I have worked out how to pull data from excel however, I am now trying to pull data from Crystal Reports 10. I am using the ODBC button, however I keep getting an error, along the lines of "need to install driver". Aaaaand i have no idea what this means! Any help?

Thanks all! :banghead::banghead:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:52
If Crystal Reports is connected to a data source to generate it's output, why not connect access directly to the same data source? Or am I missing something...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:52
I am confused also. So are you trying to access an Crystal Report through Access (not sure this is possible with out some VB code)? Or are you trying to use Access 2010 as a data source? Should be possible if you create an ODBC connection to the Access 2010 database (I do not use CR 10 anymore, so I am not sure. It does work with CR 2011).

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:52
What type of error is being generated and at what stage of the process?
How have you tried connecting.

More information required to be able to help.

ElenaGilbert

Local time
Today, 04:52
There are a bunch of database access DLLs that you can choose to install when you install crystal, you may want to check that you have the correct database access files installed.
It maybe depreciated by MS but I find using the ODBC drivers works better with older file types. (I'm sure some one will tell me off for recommending this, but I guessing its not a mission critical report you are looking at)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom