Tab/Enter Keys not moving to next field in combobox (1 Viewer)

johnboytweed

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:00
I am trying to make a form for data entry for all the tables I have previously created in Access. I created the form with several subforms but now that I try to cycle through the forms I cannot get the tab/enter key to go past the two combobox fields in the form.
When I hit either tab or enter it opens up the drop down selections. I have tried to look through the properties but I don't see any option for controlling either the Tab or Enter key. The Tab Stop under Other on the Property Sheet is set to Yes.
Does anyone know what the solution to this might be?
:banghead:

tiger

Local time
Today, 18:00
You appear to have set the Tab Stops to YES so the Tab key should take you to the next active tab field. Remember, though, that

1. the subforms are also controls and will also accept focus from the Tab key.

2. another issue is the order of the Tab stops. Each control has a unique Tab order (Tab Index property); you may need to set these to be in the order you require. A lot of developers forget to tidy these and focus jumps all over the place as the user presses the Tab key.

If the next control is a subform focus will move into the subform. To get back out of the subform use CTRL Tab.
HTH
t

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:00
That does not sound like typical behaviour for a combo box for the Tab or Enter keys :confused: Do you have an event procedure that my be causing this behaviour?

johnboytweed

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:00
I wasn't able to figure out what the problem was so I just started over with a new form. I did check to make sure the Tab Stops were set to Yes and I did check the tab order as well. I search for a long time about this and I wasn't able to find any other information from anyone having a similar problem. Thank you for the responses, but I just decided that it would probably end up being less time to just recreate a form rather than fixing whatever happened to that one.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom