Question MS Access 2007 Dates (1 Viewer)

pbrydone

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:58
Minty -This looks great. I think that I can work with this. Many thanks to everyone for helping. I'll give it a go and let you all know.

pbrydone

Registered User.
Local time
Success at last!! Many thanks to everyone for their help (and patience). Can I be bold and ask for a little more help? I am planning on publishing the results of the query to a Report with BeginDate and EndDate. Also, the report will contain a status of where the person is; On Vacation, Sick Leave, Outside the Country, etc. Is is possible to change the background of the field on the report based on the Status (e.g., On Vacation = Green, Sick Leave = Red)? I know that I can do a bit of it via Conditional Formatting but that has a limited number of formats (I think 3 or 5). I am looking at about 6 or 7 different colour changes. Thank you.

pbrydone

Registered User.
Local time
Anyone care to help??

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:58
I've been away - can you show us the layout of the report or form and where you are trying to apply the colour?

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:58
I am in the business of supplying information never use colours in reports, wont be able to help sorry.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:58
Date manipulation in filters is no joke! Attached, there is an exemple with a little bug: using MY Office365.A2013 (the plague on it), I cannot pass the DateFrom, DateTo to the report.

Attachments

• DateRange.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 65

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:58
That looks like a very complicated way of filtering a report...
I don't use 2013 but what doesn't work that you would normally do?
OpenArgs, or QueryDefs?

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Date manipulation as always been a pain with Access... I found this method and it works fine so...
Using A2007, you should have no problems opening the report hidden, set the date range then make it visible. Don't forget that this 'complicated' way of handling dates works independently of your date format.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
A bit late but...

Yes there is a very easy solution: in Detail_Format use a Select Case 'AbsenceStatus'
in the Case 'N', set what ever you want like AbsenceStatus.ForeColor to the wanted color... don't forget to reset it to its initial value!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom