Filter By Form is it available in runtime (1 Viewer)

patentinv

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:51
Hi,
I'm currently testing my database in runtime mode to check for proper error handling.

I have been told I need to convert all my macros to Vb code modules, for error handling.

I've also been told that the filter by form is not available in Access Runtime. Is there an alternative way for me to filter to the record I need, and which will run in Access Runtime.

Here is my converted macro code that did my filtering and worked fine as a macro in normal mode, but does not work in run time.

Function Find_Applicant()
On Error GoTo Find_Applicant_Err

DoCmd.Echo False, "Please Stand By"
DoCmd.Hourglass True
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterByForm
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdClearGrid

Find_Applicant_Exit:
Exit Function

Find_Applicant_Err:
MsgBox Error$
Resume Find_Applicant_Exit

End Function

Here are the error messages I receive,
It brings up a little box that says the (runcommand action was cancelled) I click OK and it brings up another small box that says (OK) so i click Ok and it brings up another little box that says (Resume with out error) I click OK and it goes back to the same blank little box again, it does this forever
from (Resume with out error) to Blank Box with OK.

Thanks--Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Birdy

Support Analyst
Local time
Today, 19:51
Hi,
First .. "I have been told I need to convert all my macros to Vb code modules, for error handling." You don't really need to do this.

Second .. No you cannot use the Filter by form functionality correctly using Access Runtime.
You can however, create an initial search form to find the majority information (i.e. Search for City "Manchester" & "Leeds") then when these records are shown, click another button to search for the other information (i.e. Search for Town "Sale" & "Bradford")

This second search screen will have all the fields on your main form, but will be used as a query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom