Access 2000 Tables imported into Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Good afternoon Folks,

I'm having some trouble with Access 2000 tables on importing into Access 2007 in that once I have imported them from Access 2000 into Access 2007 I get the following error message:

"Security Warning Certain content in the database has been disabled" and there's an "options" at the end of this statement which offers the following:

"Microsoft Office Security Options

Security Alert

VBA Macro
Access has disabled potentially harmful content in this database

If you trust the contents of this database and would like to enable it for
this session only, click Enable this content.

Warning: It is not possible to determine that this content came from a
trustworthy source. You should leave this content disable unless the
content provides critical functionality and you trust its source.

More information

File Path: H:\John Lee\eFlowStatsFrontEnd_Test_2007.mdb

then there are two radial options as follows:

Help protect me from unknown content (recommended)
Enable this content"

I find this somewhat strange that MS Access 2007 see MS Access 2000 as a potential threat.

Does anyone have any idea why this is.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards

John

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 03:15
Is it in a folder that isn't yet trusted by your Access install?

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Thanks for your response, I wasn't aware that you had to tell access to trust folders, I've never had that problem with Access 2000.

The new Access 2007 database resides in the same location as the existing Access 2000 database so I would have thought that it would automatically trust the folder, so does Access 2007 require to be told of every folder that it needs to trust in order for it to work properly, if that really is the case, I'd say that is a step back and not forward and offers all sorts of potential problems particularly if I'm using multiply folders that Access 2007 may need to get data from and export data to.

How do I tell Access 2007 to trust a folder I can't see anything in the application that jumps out at me regarding that.

Regards

John

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:15
... if that really is the case, I'd say that is a step back and not forward and offers all sorts of potential problems particularly if I'm using multiply folders that Access 2007 may need to get data from and export data to.
Tried and tested... since Access 2007 and now we're in 2013. You would have imagined that MS would have given this much thought before rolling out considering that Security is one of their main concerns.

GinaWhipp's first link shows screenshots of how to add trusted locations. Please look at her links.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:15
Note... you only need to worry about the folder the Access database Front end resides. Other folders you import from do not have to be Trusted.

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Thanks for your response. It would appear that our IT have some security settings/protocols in place that are preventing Access 2007 from performing as it should, so I will have to wait for them to have a look and see whether or not they are prepared to relax those security settings/protocols [I'm not holding my breath though].

Regards

John

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
You're not running your database from the Network are you? Because you should be able to set the Trusted Location from your Local or do they have it *that* locked down?

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Yes all ran on a local network which is locked down tightly, because of the nature of the work we do, the regulators require tough, tight controls, so every time I tell Access that my folder is a trusted location, it complains that there are security settings/protocols in place that say access denied.

Thanks for your response I'll have to wait and see whether our IT department are prepared to relax those rules or maybe I won't be allowed to use Access 2007 at all!

Regards

John

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
As a backup plan... You might want to consider splitting then you can Trust the Front end on your Local drive and have no issues.

Keeping fingers crossed that all works out!

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Having a Front End and Back End was my plan, but for some reason when trying to create my Back End by Importing the tables from my Access 2000 backend Access 2007 complains, but as already identified it's appears it's not Access 2007 but the security settings/protocols our IT have in place that are preventing this first step.

My plan was to have front ends for my 10 end users and the one back end.

My current Access 2000 version has a back end and only one front end that all end users are able to access, which clearly is not a good idea, so with starting afresh I made the decision to put some effort into having front ends for each of the end users and one back end.

Thanks for your advice and pointers.

Regards

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom