Access 2016 Datasheet - Default Font Size (1 Viewer)

Andrew Thorpe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:36
A 2016. Under options, if I choose Datasheet and then Default Font size, I see a combo box with the expected values. However, after selecting one and then closing/re-opening the database, the font size has not changed in any subforms viewed as Datasheets. If I change the value for default size for Queries - under Object Designers - Query Design, the required change does take effect.

Any ideas, please, ref changing the default font size for datasheets. Thank you.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the default will only apply to new objects, it is not applied retrospectively

the form datasheet properties are hidden in that they don't appear in the properties window. To fix, open the form normally and select the home tab on the ribbon. from there you can select font, font size etc. Then save the form.

If you have a lot of such forms, you can create some vba code, to loop through the allforms collection, open the form in design mode, and set the values as required. The properties you will probable require are

.DatasheetFontHeight = 8
.DatasheetFontName = "calibri"
.DatasheetFontWeight = 700

if required, google 'access vba Datasheetfontweight property' to find the different values for bold etc (700 is 'normal' bold)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
one other tip. If your datasheet forms are relatively straightforward (no control code) you can open the underlying query object in a subform using

Query.myQueryName

as the sourceobject - can save a lot of forms.

even if you do have code behind controls you can still assign it once the form/query is loaded

Andrew Thorpe

Registered User.
Local time
Absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much; that has worked perfectly. I'm so grateful; I would never have found that however long I looked. What a great forum!! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom