Account Related Help need (1 Viewer)

alayash03

Local time
Today, 11:22
Hi everyone,
I would like to use a table For All payments LIKE
Customer Payment /Invoice Payment
Purchase Payment/SupplierPayment
Shop Expense Payment ( Employee Salary, Electric Bill, Rent etc)
Cash Receive

those forms have a button for PAYMENT
If I click on the Payment button then need to open this form.
Capture3.PNG

AND it is inserted [date = Today(), Transaction Type = LIKE if Sales Invoice or Purchase Bill Or Expense bill, Paid Amount = What is the bill Total,
How can do that ?

Shop cash received will transfer to the bank By the cashier next day.

Those Payments with my 3 Accounts:
Bank Account-1
Bank Account-2
Bank Account-3

I would like the day close the ACCOUNT balance are Total Amount same.
I hope you guys understand my consent. if have any question please lets me know.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:22
The lack of replies suggests your question is not clear, but it sounds like you want to use DoCmd.OpenForm with the argument to add a new record. Then:

DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", ...
Forms!FormName.TransactionDate = Date()
Forms!FormName.TransactionType = Whatever (appropriate to the form you're on)
Forms!FormName.PaidAmount = Me.TextboxName (name of the textbox on the first form that contains the amount you want)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:22
I wouldn't do that at the transaction level.

Personally I would have separate tables for each prime book of account

For instance, when you receive a number of cheques to pay bills, you summarise those cheques. You then process them so that each individual cheque updates the corresponding sales ledger account to clear the individual transactions affected by that payment. The total of all of the payments then debits the bank account, and credits the sales ledger control account in the general ledger, (together with any settlement discount that has been awarded). You may decide to construct a single table similar to the one you showed, but generally you wouldn't show every individual payment or receipt, just summary totals such as the daily total cash receipts, the daily total of cheque payments, and the total net payroll amount. This would generally be termed the cash book, (rather than the bank book). Actual cash is generally managed in a petty cash book.

So for payments for invoices you have sent out, the cash book shows single daily totals, each corresponding to a batch of payments processed to the sales ledger. The individual payment amounts are shown in a sales ledger posting summary record, and each separate receipt is cross matched and cross referred to individual transactions on the sales account to which it is applied. Without this sort of structure it's very different to trace any transaction.

What you have may work for a very small business, but any SME with more than a few transactions would operate differently.

So for instance you end up with an invoice issued for $8000.

Let's say this was paid by a payment of $5000 received on 13th September, and $3000 received on 7th October.
The $5000 formed part of a total daily receipts of 12 payments totalling $27000 banked on 13th September.
The $3000 formed part of a total daily receipts of 9 payments totalling $18000 banked on 8th October

All you need to show in the transaction record (cash book) is the overall totals highlighted in red. You would probably be able to expand those payments to see the full detail., but it depends how you link your system together.

Last edited:

alayash03

Local time
I wouldn't do that at the transaction level.

Personally I would have separate tables for each prime book of account

For instance, when you receive a number of cheques to pay bills, you summarise those cheques. You then process them so that each individual cheque updates the corresponding sales ledger account to clear the individual transactions affected by that payment. The total of all of the payments then debits the bank account, and credits the sales ledger control account in the general ledger, (together with any settlement discount that has been awarded). You may decide to construct a single table similar to the one you showed, but generally you wouldn't show every individual payment or receipt, just summary totals such as the daily total cash receipts, the daily total of cheque payments, and the total net payroll amount. This would generally be termed the cash book, (rather than the bank book). Actual cash is generally managed in a petty cash book.

So for payments for invoices you have sent out, the cash book shows single daily totals, each corresponding to a batch of payments processed to the sales ledger. The individual payment amounts are shown in a sales ledger posting summary record, and each separate receipt is cross matched and cross referred to individual transactions on the sales account to which it is applied. Without this sort of structure it's very different to trace any transaction.

What you have may work for a very small business, but any SME with more than a few transactions would operate differently.

So for instance you end up with an invoice issued for $8000.

Let's say this was paid by a payment of $5000 received on 13th September, and $3000 received on 7th October.
The $5000 formed part of a total daily receipts of 12 payments totalling $27000 banked on 13th September.
The $3000 formed part of a total daily receipts of 9 payments totalling $18000 banked on 8th October

All you need to show in the transaction record (cash book) is the overall totals highlighted in red. You would probably be able to expand those payments to see the full detail., but it depends how you link your system together.
Thank you very much. appreciate your reply.
You are absolutely right. And your instances was very easy to understand. But I don't have any sense of an accounting. it very difficult for me to arranging all items in the table.

don't mind it, I asking have you same related file which were given instances in posted ? if you have, can you forward me please.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thank you very much. appreciate your reply.
You are absolutely right. And your instances was very easy to understand. But I don't have any sense of an accounting. it very difficult for me to arranging all items in the table.

don't mind it, I asking have you same related file which were given instances in posted ? if you have, can you forward me please.

I don't understand your last question.
Also, are you saying you don't understand accounting very well? If you don't you really need to get someone else to help you build this.

alayash03

Local time
I don't understand your last question.
Previous post I asking you....
Do you have same related database file which were given instances in the previous posted #3 ?
if you have, can you forward me into email.

I need Table and Relationship then can arrange the form and report.
Hope you understand...

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, I don't have an example I can give you. I was just explaining what I would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom