Add a 1.5% charge to invoice? (1 Viewer)

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
Hi all,

I hope this is in the correct section.

I hope you guys can help me! I am a total noob on Access 2003.
I run a small car garage with a paper based filing system, but I decided a while back to start using a database.

Anway, I downloaded the excellent and free 'service management' template from the Microsoft Site: (file ID on the Microsoft Office template site is TC001018467).

I have amended some of the fields and text boxes to my needs.

Anyway, I have one big problem that I have no idea on how to sort.

My question and problem is that if someone decides to pay their bill via credit card, I want the database to add a 1.5% charge (of the total bill) to the total bill, but I have no idea how I can do that.
I also need this charge to be shown on the invoice when printed (called 'Invoice' in the Reports Objects in the template database).

As I said, I am a total newbie on this, so dont even know if it is possible. The only things I have done to this database is just change some of the text boxes, so nothing major.

Look forward to replies!

Thanks
Alex

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:36
Hi

If you want to PM me, I'll send you my email so you can send me your db. I'll add it in for you :)

Cheers

N

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nigel,

Thank you so much for your very kind offer!
I dont think I am able to PM you as I am a new member, and I dont see an option to PM you?

Could you PM me with your email address and i'll send the DB file over to you via email?

Thanks again!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 22:36
I dont think I am able to PM you as I am a new member, and I dont see an option to PM you?
Yeah, that is the byproduct of getting several spammers coming on and immediatly spamming people using private messaging instead of posting spam. So we disabled it until you have 10 posts.

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, that is the byproduct of getting several spammers coming on and immediatly spamming people using private messaging instead of posting spam. So we disabled it until you have 10 posts.

That's cool; no problem :)

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Nigel,

I have sent the email again just now.

Thanks!

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
And just incase it still does not come via email, I have now attached it to this message....learning new skills already! :D

Attachments

• garage.zip
    524.1 KB · Views: 112

alx100

Registered User.
Local time
Just bumping this up a bit to get any further replies

:)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I'm taking a look (oh and by the way - the very first thing I see is that you should not have EmployeeID in the Workorders table if it is in the Workorder Labor table. If you look at your relationships you will notice that it kind of forms a circle between Workorders, Employees, and Workorder Labor. When you see you have a circle, that usually means something isn't right.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I would suggest adding a CreditSurcharge field in your workorders table. Then you can have a control on your workorders form which is bound to it and then when selecting the credit type from the dropdown you run an update query on that field based on the total and requery the form.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:36
Will have a look at this tonight. Give me a brief of what you want again please?

N

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom