Add a field in query to a form (1 Viewer)

Fandy

Local time
Today, 07:37
Hi,
I am designing a form in my access database, I want to add some of the fields from a query
i have created to the form but don't know how to go about it. I need help. Can someone help
me out? Thank you

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:37
Use your query as the recordsource of the form.

Tell us more about your database,form and query if that link isn't helpful.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 03:37
edit the query, add the field,
then add the field to the form.

Fandy

Local time
Query form.JPG
I have created the query already as shown in the image. I want to show the "totalCommit" field in the membershipF form. I will be glad if you could direct me. Thank you.

Eugene-LS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
I will be glad if you could direct me.
Here you are!
01. Open your form
02. On ribbon (left side end) click button "Design View"
03. On ribbon (right side) click button "Add Existing Fields" - Right panel with enviable fields will shown
04 Drag and drop needed fields from panel to form ...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-03 01.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 01.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot 2022-03-03 02.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 02.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Fandy

Local time
Here you are!
01. Open your form
02. On ribbon (left side end) click button "Design View"
03. On ribbon (right side) click button "Add Existing Fields" - Right panel with enviable fields will shown
04 Drag and drop needed fields from panel to form ...
I only see available tables. I cannot see any query there. I want to see the query too to select field from.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:37
I only see available tables. I cannot see any query there. I want to see the query too to select field from.
I think it might be best, for you to post a copy of your db

Eugene-LS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
I want to see the query too to select field from.
Fine ...
01. Open your form
02. On ribbon (left side end) click button "Design View" or Right click on form and in menu select "Design View"
03. When form in "Design View" - Right click on form and in menu select "Properties" - Panel "Property Sheet" will shown in right side of Access window.
04. In "Property Sheet" panel select "Data" tab
05. In "Property Sheet"- "Data" tab: Find please property "RecordSource"
06. In "Property Sheet"- "Data" tab - Property "Record Source": There will be ComboBox ("drop-down list") on the right
07. In Combo Box "Record Source" select your query
That's it!

Last edited:

Fandy

Local time
Is this query used as the Record Source for the membershipF form
No please but i want to show a field in the query on the membershipf form.
the Record Source for the membershipF form is membership table. Kindly help me please

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 00:37
We would get better information from seeing the actual accdb, for sure.

However, I think you might be heading down a dead end path here, so let's regroup a bit.

You have a form. That form ALREADY has a recordsource, which is either a table or a query. If that form is intended for data entry (add, update or delete records) then it should be a single table, or a query based on that table. Queries with multiple tables joined tend not to work well for data entry, although it is possible if you know what you're doing. So, on the face of it, wanting to ADD another query to the form is pushing in the direction of making it non-editable. Plus the fact that the requested field is called "Total Commit" is a red flag that this would, indeed, make the result non-editable. See Allan Browne's list of things that cause queries to be uneditable. Aggregate queries (those with "totals") are not editable and if you include it in this form's recordsource, it's now read-only. If that's the goal, no problem.

Depending on WHY you want that one field from a different query to be DISPLAYED on the same form, there is probably at least one reliable way to do that. So, the follow up. WHY do you need this one additional field? Will it be there for reference?

Fandy

Local time
Fine ...
01. Open your form
02. On ribbon (left side end) click button "Design View" or Right click on form and in menu select "Design View"
03. When form in "Design View" - Right click on form and in menu select "Properties" - Panel "Property Sheet" will shown in right side of Access window.
04. In "Property Sheet" panel select "Data" tab
05. In "Property Sheet"- "Data" tab: Find please property "RecordSource"
06. In "Property Sheet"- "Data" tab - Property "Record Source": There will be ComboBox ("drop-down list") on the right
07. In Combo Box "Record Source" select your query
That's it!
It works! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom