Alabama boy kills 1051 pound monster pig (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 22:09
Anyone see this story? American gun owners must be drooling over a kill this size.

I notice the killer, killed his first deer aged 5. Also it says he chased the pig for 3 hours - how fast does a wounded 1000lb pig run?

Whats the point in this? is it just for fun? the killer also goes to a Christian Heritage school - he obviously has ignored any references to not killing things from the bible.

Imagine a father (or mother) teaching a 5 year old how to kill - thats got to be obscene in my book.

the story

Col

BTW - whats the difference between a hog and a pig?

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 17:09
The kids 11 yrs old shooting a .50 cal revolver? Brave young lad

BTW - whats the difference between a hog and a pig?

"In the United States, the term "pig" refers to a younger domesticated swine weighing less than 120 pounds (50 kilograms), and the term "hog" refers to older swine weighing more than 120 lbs. In Great Britain all domesticated swine are referred to as pigs."

ref-http://science.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/animal-world/what-difference-between-pig-hog

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
The kids 11 yrs old shooting a .50 cal revolver? Brave young lad

Brave young lad? - its disgusting - he obviously loves killing things - next target, high school classmates and teachers is the natural progression for killers training - it must be more fun to kill people, then you can see the fear in their eyes just before you pull the trigger and they die.

Col

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
OK...you're entitled to that one:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF? Bad weekend, Col? Premenstrual , perhaps?

No, good weekend actually. My niece got married.

I was trying to see (in my mind) what the attraction was for killing, and does killing animals get boring, if so, is the next progression killing humans?

So therefore, whats the attraction in killing humans? the sense of power? hearing them plead for their life?

Several US posters here (including christians) have said they would shoot an intruder, even if they (the intruder) was unarmed with no question. Anyone here killed or shot a human?

Imagine a teenager in your kitchen, you have a gun, you look into his / her eyes - do you shoot? if not, why not? you do? why? they are unarmed

It all defies logic to me, and the question I raised last week is still unanswered - why do US cops pull a gun on a motorist just for a routine traffic violation?

Col

rainman89

Local time
Brave young lad? - its disgusting - he obviously loves killing things - next target, high school classmates and teachers is the natural progression for killers training - it must be more fun to kill people, then you can see the fear in their eyes just before you pull the trigger and they die.

Col
WOW!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
you got me there!

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
My niece got married.
good for her...congrats.
I was trying to see (in my mind) what the attraction was for killing, and does killing animals get boring, if so, is the next progression killing humans?
See, you still equate hunting with some murderous bloodlust. You're missing the fact that the young shootist acquired a several-year supply of pork...and 800# of pork is a lot more expensive than a few .50 cal rounds, so he saved a bunch of money as well. Of course, he could be some homocidal little maniac, but I'm evaluating it from my point of view, and my first thought was "where would I find the freezer space?":eek:
So therefore, whats the attraction in killing humans? the sense of power? hearing them plead for their life?
don't know, I've never killed one.;)
Imagine a teenager in your kitchen, you have a gun, you look into his / her eyes - do you shoot? if not, why not? you do? why? they are unarmed
Were they invited? Are they making a sandwich? Did they break into my kitchen to try and shag the dog?:rolleyes: Different situations call for different reactions
why do US cops pull a gun on a motorist just for a routine traffic violation?
They don't unless the "routine violation" has turned up other information...attempting to evade police, outstanding warrants returned by the license plate check, etc. usually demonstrate the propensity to be uncooperative.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Were they invited? Are they making a sandwich? Did they break into my kitchen to try and shag the dog?:rolleyes: Different situations call for different reactions
They are intruders. I doubt even Ken would shoot an invited person.

They don't unless the "routine violation" has turned up other information...attempting to evade police, outstanding warrants returned by the license plate check, etc. usually demonstrate the propensity to be uncooperative.
They do, I've seen it on the US police video type shows where they show the patrol cars videos.

They pull a car over for an unsafe lane change or brake light out. The cop gets out, pulls his gun, tells ths occupant to show their hands, then approaches the drivers door cautiously. Almost every case it's the same. Usually the occupant has had a couple of drinks.

Bod - would you teach a 5 year old to kill a deer?

Col

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 14:09
Given that a large percentage of people carry guns in the states- if I was a cop- I'd pull me gun as well, keeps the locals in there place . (tongue in cheek):D

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
They do, I've seen it on the US police video type shows where they show the patrol cars videos.
and I suppose you think that's real life? Maybe we should find out how many "routine" stops weren't exciting enough for television and ended up on the cutting room floor?
Bod - would you teach a 5 year old to kill a deer?
That's about how old I was when my grandfather started to teach me to hunt. Of course, I wasn't allowed a gun until I was 12, so I spent 6 years learning the important parts of hunting before a gun came into it.

Last edited:

GaryPanic

Local time
I've got no problems with hunting - as long as the supervision is in place
(and you eat what you kill) - its probably a better in sight into animal welfare - rather than buying a processed piece of meat wrapped in plastic and not knowing where it comes from

g

rainman89

Local time
I've got no problems with hunting - as long as the supervision is in place
(and you eat what you kill) - its probably a better in sight into animal welfare - rather than buying a processed piece of meat wrapped in plastic and not knowing where it comes from

g

it tastes better too!!

R

Rich

Isn't he going to do the normal American thing and hang it on the wall as trophy?:confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
and I suppose you think that's real life? Maybe we should find out how many "routine" stops weren't exciting enough for television and ended up on the cutting room floor?

They are real tapes from real cops cars (as are the UK cop ones)

Just because the person stopped gets a bit stroppy with the cop means it gets in the programme. The point is, is that the cop pulls a gun before he/she knows what is going to happen. The ones on the cutting room floor will still pull a gun but nothing happens so it's cut.

The fact that a gun is pulled as the first action, indicates that the US populace are more than likely to have a gun in the car or on their person - which is totally contrary to what posters here from the USA say.

If gun carrying is as rare as we're told, (which is obviously false) why do cops pull a gun as their first action before even approaching the car? How can it be rare if we see it on real cops video footage?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That's about how old I was when my grandfather started to teach me to hunt. Of course, I wasn't allowed a gun until I was 12, so I spent 6 years learning the important parts of hunting before a gun came into it.

Do you agree that a 5yr old should make his first kill then? shouldn't the kid be learning to ride a bike or playing trains?

I suppose at age 6 he'll be enrolled in the junior military and be taught how to kill a real person.

Col

GaryPanic

Local time
I think this depends - do we have any (UK) farmers on the forum- do they allow their kidds to shoot crows, and other vermin -
It is in the end down to the culture of the individual, if you are brought up with a healthy respect of firearms - then I think( a personal view) tyhis is not a problem
they people who go off on a wobbley and start shooting people, from what I can gather are normally townies and not country folk -

Its pretty much the same here in the UK -the view of a farmer and the view of a townie are different - farmers look at animals as stock - townies as cute little fluffy animals

g

R

Rich

Nobody is allowed to kill animals with handguns in this country, there's the difference. We don't allow or even train kids to become Dirty Harry wannabe's in the name of a so called sport:rolleyes:

GaryPanic

Local time
Rich - that isn't quite true
Farmer can shoot animals (although not for food consumption- unless its their own)
there are plenty of Shoots throughout the year
hares and rabbits are shot, as are deer (gamekeepers)
which end up in the pot - admittantly these are done with riifles -
and you used to get a bounty for shooting squirrels (grey ones) a £ for every tail

g

R

Rich

It is true Gary, nobody is allowed to kill with a handgun here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom